Slide lock back. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ibmikey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #1

Slide lock back.

Just got my new micro and took it to the range today shot about 50 rounds. Only about half the time the slide locked back on the last shot. I only have the one mag it came with so I couldn't test other mags. Is this common?
Other then the slide not locking back it shot and felt great.
Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to krunchnik
Possible the mag spring is a little weak-or pistol could use a little more break in.Pressure from the magazine spring lifts the slide stop to catch the slide-make sure with a empty mag that the follower is traveling unrestricted.I have 3 of the 6 round and 2 of the 7 extended and have 100% function from all of them.Its usually something pretty simple,and not normal for the Micro.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:37 AM   #3

One of the issues I had at first was my hands being so large my thumb was hitting the slide lock and causing issues. Once I adjusted my grip all is well
HiddenPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2015, 04:10 AM   #4

I took my new Micro to the range yesterday to break it in. I fired 150 rds and only had the slide lock open about 50% of the time. Also had a couple FTF with no apparent contact from the firing pin on the primer.

I want to get back out to see how it performs on the next visit after some more break in. If it doesn't perform any better then I might lose faith in this little Kimber that I had high hopes for as a dependable carry pistol.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #5

I've been thinking the slide lock problems may have been from a weak spring in a factory extended magazine since it only happened every other time when using 2 different mags. Next range trip will verify, or not.

The FTF's on the other hand have me worried. Hopefully it's just from all the fouling inside after shooting the 150 rds.

Edit: After discussions on several forums I have been told that the Kimber mags are hit or miss when it comes to performance and this is a common problem with the micro. So I am even more confident now that a weak factory mag is my problem. I was told to mark the mags that work good and keep those for my carry mags and just use the bad ones for plinking at the range.

Last edited by Hoosier; 09-24-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #6

Hoosier, I am fortunate as i have had no issues with my Micro, as far as mags go the Kimber standard mag works just fine, my other mags are the extras from my Mustang, Sig 238 and Star S. All of these mags work just fine in the Micro, the Star hangs out the bottom a bit but gives eight round capacity. One of my friend's Micro haad issues with the slide stop locking open with rounds in mag but he bent the spring slightly for more tension....no more issues.
Chuck43 and Hoosier like this.
Ibmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:32 AM   #7

I have and an occasional issue with that happening. I thought as some forums have mentioned depending on the shape of the round being used that the round slightly brushes up against the spring of the slide lock. So far it is so infrequent I haven't taken any actions yet because it is so infrequent, but it does happen with my micro. What I have done is push the little nub of the slide release with as much pressure as I can (on the ejection port side). It seems to push the slide release away from the frame of the gun just a hair and seems to give a bit more clearance so as the round does not touch the lock mechanism.
As I said, it is in fact an occasional occurence. Hate to send back to Kimber because it is so infrequent but I would like to find a simple resolution.

Search tags for this page

kimber 380 advocate slide wont stay locked back

kimber 380 micro magazine problems

kimber micro not going locking slide open when magazine is empty

kimber solo slide locking back

kimble micro 9 won't lock open

micro 9 slide locks while firing

why does kimber micro .380 not stay open after last round ?

why does the kimber micro .380 sometimes not stay open on the last round

Click on a term to search for related topics.