Kimber Micro magazines falling out - Page 5 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #41

UPDATE; Sent Micro 9 in 3/16/17, repaired and sent back 4/11/17. Various work was performed, all springs were changed, extractor adjusted, reamed and polished but a complimentary service all 7 rd mags were changed out. As mentioned 2/5 fit lose and believed to be the culprits of coming lose causing FTF and mags falling out. No mention what the problem was, I guess hopes are that changing all will solve the problem? Six mags were fired to test at Kimber.

They do fit tighter than the old mags, have not shot it yet, but all is tighter. Will keep posted on updates.

All new mags have the double notch? Compared to other, 2 double that were lose, 3 single notch.

Another UPDATE
: mags all good, none came lose, no failures or FTF after 50 rds. But, Ejection is still bad, called Kimber, working on ejector now. I know there are other threads for that problem.
Chuck43, Marshall, 2sharp2 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Oiltrash; 04-21-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Oiltrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-26-2020, 06:03 PM   #42

Yes I am having that problem and I am NOT hitting the magazine release
billp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:31 PM   #43

I checked my magazines, it appears I'm not really looking when I buy a spare! All of my magazines--blue, foreign or stainless--feed, fire and eject. They have done so for many years.

Ahh, there's always a secret. Back when I was a dumb kid I would buy ten magazines. I'd shoot them, and then give away (or throw away) any magazine that balked. I had a simple formula. If a magazine failed, it was never put into the gun. In fact, unless it was a premium magazine, I never even broke them down for parts.

...and I also paid a king's ransom in parts and firearms sent out to Tussey Custom...

Oh, and I do own a revolver, it's someplace...

Old 07-26-2020, 07:20 PM   #44

Originally Posted by Tedpro View Post
Update: Contacted Kimber and I'll be sending my Micro in for an RMA
Originally Posted by Oiltrash View Post
I am new to the forum.
I know this thread is old. I have searched for information concerning the magazine problem on the Micro 9.
My experience has been to date. Ordered 2 extended magazines after waiting for months, finally received the 3 then they were out again. When back in stock, ordered 3 more and received.
The first two fit lose and have two cut outs for the magazine latch on each side. The last three fit alot tighter, only one cutout for the catch. I believe it is the first 2 ext mags that are coming lose causing a FTF, not falling out but unlocking and dropping down. Just yesterday I paid close attention to my hand/finger placement and that is not the problem.
So, 3/5 ext mags and the 6 rd fit tight, the other 2 are very loose and coming lose. I will call Kimber but do we have any input?

Billp4, In this old thread, the OP and one other member had an issue of random magazines falling out. They have not been online since 2016 & 2017 but BOTH called Kimber and got RMA's returned the pistols for warranty work. Best I can tell that corrected the problem.
So you may have to do the same, since you are NOT thumbing the mag release while firing!

Oh and welcome to the site from Tennessee.
Oklahomabound likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger

Last edited by 2sharp2; 07-26-2020 at 07:24 PM.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber 380 micro magazine problems

kimber micro 380 magazine problems

kimber micro 9 problems

kimber micro 9mm extended magazine

kimber micro magazine falls out

magazine problems kimber micro 380

magizine falls out of micro 9

micro 9 magazine falls out

Click on a term to search for related topics.