OOPS! I did it again! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #1

OOPS! I did it again!

But I'm happy!

Won it for $455; $15 shipping; $25 FFL fee! Total $495! (I REALLY need to quit visiting Gunbroker, don't I?) (Hmmmm, not likely!)

Gonna have to get me the black W Enterprises cut-out trigger. Realized, talking to my anodizer today (I took the new toy directly from picking it up to show it off to him! ), that when I took the OTHER new Micros (tan and Sapphire) up to shoot -- and shot for the first time with the new trigger on the Stainless Micro .380 (my EDC) -- I forgot to pay any attention at all to how the new trigger felt! I was so busy working with my friend Sam, and reloading so he could keep shooting my guns (he stood bladed to the target and shot one handed. Argh! We NEED to talk!)

So, I'm gonna actually go by myself (first time ever!! How's THAT for nutty?!) and run-in the new guns; and pay attention to the new trigger on my carry gun. Waiting for the five more mags I ordered to arrive: I like to show up at the range with ... what's it now? ... 12 full .380 mags! So I get some straight shooting in before reloading!

YIPPEE!
El

p.s.;
Kimber site list: $734
Bud’s Gun Shop: $666.41
Brownell’s: $745.99
(forgot to write down place): $625
Euoroptic: $694.80
Grice: $704.95

Average: $695 none of these include shipping or FFL-- so the comparison would be to the $455!! NOT BAD!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg El-Eclipse2.jpg (619.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg El-Eclipse5.jpg (530.0 KB, 13 views)
Chuck43, 2sharp2, bhunted and 9 others like this.
SnowTao is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-22-2019, 04:31 PM   #2

Great price! Have you considered buying a DIFFERENT model Kimber?

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #3

Let's see... a blue, brown and now a grey. Four more and you'll be color coordinated for dress the entire week!
2sharp2 likes this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2019, 09:44 PM   #4

Intervention time????

Not sure what is wrong for him to shoot in that style especially if he can hit what he is aiming at.
Itsmescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:47 PM   #5

SnowTao, go ahead and feel bad, but don't feel lonesome. Seems like every time I spend a couple hours on gunbroker, I end up with a new Dan Wesson......sure do wish I could get away with $455.....seems like it always costs me in the area of $1200......

Lon
SnowTao likes this.
Teufelhunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:05 PM   #6

Good on ya, sweet pea!
Now if we can only get you interested in bourbon, then clicking the "bid" button on gunbroker becomes MUCH easier.

Shooting by yourself can be a good thing. In the desert, it's ok to have people around. It's a full-day, and sometimes it's nice to take a break and shoot. But at the range, I prefer to focus on one thing.

Have fun with your new toy.
2sharp2, SnowTao and wayne like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:19 AM   #7

Congrats your getting one heck of a collection of Micro's...
SnowTao likes this.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:54 AM   #8

Lon,

Don't feel bad, I've graduated to bidding on Ed Browns, Nighthawk's, Les Baer's, and some of the lower priced Wilson's. But I still look at them all. And Lon, I'm 67 and didn't purchase my first 1911, first ever, until 1/1/19. I now have 10 including 2 Kimber's. This has got to STOP!!!

Jim D
SnowTao and Teufelhunde like this.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:54 AM   #9

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Great price! Have you considered buying a DIFFERENT model Kimber?
Uh. No? I have CDP .45 (Michael's gun), which is fun to shoot, but way too big and heavy for carry. Heck, even the 9mm Micro is a bit too 'large' for easy carry... (when I have the .380s). AND, I'm just circling around making sure I have the bestest...

Micros:
Right now, my Stainless is my EDC -- trustworthy, and pretty enough. BUT it's a RH-only safety -- and I'm a leftie, which means it's a two-handed operation to put it into action... in action.

The tan one is just ugly, so I'll sell it. (Two neighbor-ladies both think it's pretty... so, one of them will likely buy it.) (Don't even KNOW what safety it has -- may be a double.)

The Sapphire (double-side safety) is GOING to be my main EDC once I've worked out the few kinks the pretty little thing has... but in rotation with the stainless and the:

The new Eclipse is a RH-only safety.... but as long as I'm going to replace the trigger: the only thing that does NOT look right -- it's bright silver and sticks out against the elegant-but-subdued silver of the slide... I'll also replace the safety with a double.... Hmmm, wonder about ceracote... is the safety steel? If aluminum, my anodizer can fix THAT!

Old 04-23-2019, 05:58 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Itsmescot View Post
Intervention time????

Not sure what is wrong for him to shoot in that style especially if he can hit what he is aiming at.
Her. It's a her! And I'm actually quite GOOD. (Qualed Sharpshooter in the Navy... oh lordie... FORTY YEARS AGO!!! But that was with a Navy .45... I'm better with the little guns!)(Well, I am NOW! )
Teufelhunde likes this.