(Two) Range rpts: Mothership for 2-3 .380 Micros ? - Page 4 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #31
Super Moderator

Generally on a new gun before it ever hits the range I will clean and oil it per factory specs then work the slide a couple of hundred times. I clean it and look for shinny spots on the rails where they are lapping in. If I run into ruff spots I'll use an application of toothpaste (not gel) and work the slide to help speed up things. Don't worry about the toothpaste doing any damage, think about how many hundred thousand times you've brushed your teeth without wearing them down.

I don't use grease on my range guns but I do use Brian Enos "Slide Glide" on the rails of my EDC. Gravity works on everything including the oil on the rails of my carry gun that spends 2/3 of the day riding vertically on my hip.
Ice-and-Snow and cousinmark like this.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #32

On a side not about lubrication... I use these. Much more control how much oil and where.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5567.jpg (1.37 MB, 3 views)
2sharp2 and cousinmark like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #33

^^^ With a well lubricated Apple keyboard, you can really let the wit and wisdom fly!

P.S.
Gonna go look on Amazon for a couple of those.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #34

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
^^^ With a well lubricated Apple keyboard, you can really let the wit and wisdom fly!
Axel grease.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #35

"think about how many hundred thousand times you've brushed your teeth without wearing them down".

Wait till you're my age... 🙂
Ice-and-Snow and Vided like this.
JimCunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:54 AM   #36

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Antifa... warning shots... no ID... criss-cross FFL coordination... don't know what which guns... on and on and on. Quite candidly, I'm relieved to hear that the two of you made it home without major incident.

Snow, I understand being excited about all these Micros you have but next range visit you might consider taking just one Micro and not taking someone who divides your attention.
Please understand Phil, when I'm HERE -- it's usually morning as/after I inhale my all-time fav drug: CAFFEINE! (That drug has -- and does -- always make me 'rabbit on' verbally (interestingly: typing on a forum or advice list serves!) for a couple hours.... hundred words a second and not entirely 'well-ordered.' (My beloved Michael used to just let me go; our deal was he didn't have to remember or respond -- he was a GUY after all!)

When I go to the range I am calm, "sober," and the caffeine has quite worn off. I wasn't planning on recording which gun(s) I was breaking in; my intention was just to throw (lots of) lead down the alley to start the break-in. I will admit I did not expect so many FTL/FTEs; but I was not surprised by them.... Kimber, tight tolerances, and all...

So, no worries -- I'm (well, I was going to type 'sober as a judge' -- but THAT is no longer a useful cliche!) calm and careful AT the range, just not so much here.

(Sorry to be confusing, but ... drugged, yah know?) I"ll TRY to be more orderly in my reporting... Also, don't hold your breath!)

Last edited by Ice-and-Snow; 08-02-2019 at 05:55 AM.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote