Originally Posted by If1Hitu View Post
I never owned one!
So you're not, right?
bigdog10 and Bigdog like this.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:01 AM   #12

everyday no problems
Tejun and Bigdog like this.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #13

We still love our little Micro Carry 380. It has been great since I changed out the spring last year. It is my wife's...she carries it when she needs to. I have my M and P Bodyguard that I carry 95 percent of the time when I am out. Proficient with both of them.
Tejun likes this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2019, 10:10 AM   #14

I wonder if folks are drifting away from their .380s with all the small frame 9mm firearms that have come on the scene the last 2-3 yrs? The Kimber .380 has so many attributes that I still think it is still an excellent choice for concealed carry. Even the .380 round, in my opinion, is not a substandard round. It may not penetrate as deep as a 9mm round, but there are times I don’t want my rounds to over penetrate, as in crowded situations. No can of worms discussion here, just a thought.
cousinmark and 427malibu like this.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:34 AM   #15

I drifted to it, not away from it.
Just recently bought a second one.
Panzer likes this.
JimCunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #16

Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
I wonder if folks are drifting away from their .380s with all the small frame 9mm firearms that have come on the scene the last 2-3 yrs? The Kimber .380 has so many attributes that I still think it is still an excellent choice for concealed carry. Even the .380 round, in my opinion, is not a substandard round. It may not penetrate as deep as a 9mm round, but there are times I don’t want my rounds to over penetrate, as in crowded situations. No can of worms discussion here, just a thought.
Good thoughts. I too do not consider the .380 underpowered. My hot Underwood 380 +Ps are crowding low end 9mm territory anyway.

Lots of good 9mms available you are right, but they are still a good bit larger than many 380s. I am carrying an Evo now when I go out to the bad bad world, but around the house it is still the super small and comfortable 380. Heck I even take naps with it in my waistband.

Pro Carry gets night stand duty and church protection duty most of the time.
Tejun, Panzer and 427malibu like this.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."
KCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:08 PM   #17

Carry mine every day no problems.
WillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:35 PM   #18

Originally Posted by KCJeep View Post
Good thoughts. I too do not consider the .380 underpowered. My hot Underwood 380 +Ps are crowding low end 9mm territory anyway.

Lots of good 9mms available you are right, but they are still a good bit larger than many 380s. I am carrying an Evo now when I go out to the bad bad world, but around the house it is still the super small and comfortable 380. Heck I even take naps with it in my waistband.

Pro Carry gets night stand duty and church protection duty most of the time.

I carry my Micro .380 year round and in a Remora holster. I know - expensive gun, cheap holster. But the setup works for me. With the Kimber, there is no need for a tactical gun belt, 511 tactical pants, or even mag pouches. I keep the 7 rd mag in the firearm and put the 6 rd mag in my pocket. This is a poor setup for a fast draw and fast mag change, however.

Nightstand duty alternates between the Kimber .380 and a Sig P320 X5 that I use in USPSA shoots (holds 21+1 rds). If the rules permitted, I would like to shoot the Kimber in the USPSA matches since itís the one I carry. I think IDPA has a Bug-Out class that permits .380s, but there are no IDPA clubs in my neck of the woods.
Panzer is offline   Reply With Quote