Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By montanaResident
  • 2 Post By Marshall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #1

Warranty

My wife is giving me her S&W .38 Bodyguard and just bought a Kimber .380 Micro CDP. How do the warranties on these two guns compare?
Fishbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-29-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
Banned

When it comes to firearms, I've never considered a warrantee in my decision. Buy quality, and just deal with any rare issue that is unlikely to occur.
Marshall likes this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #3

Kimber's policy is to guarantee their guns for one year.

Smith & Wesson guarantees their guns for the lifetime of the original owner.

Glock - one year
Sig - lifetime
Beretta - three years

I've seen a lot of advertisements recently for a gun manufacturer in Daytona Beach called SCCY. They really caught my attention with their warranty. If the gun is ever breaks, they'll fix it or replace it free of charge, no questions asked. If the gun is ever lost or stolen, they'll replace it. The warranty stays with the gun, not necessarily the original buyer, and lasts a lifetime from the date of purchase. A customer couldn't ask for anything more.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #4

Smith & Wesson has a lifetime warranty on their firearms and that's great to know since I just purchased my first shooter from them...

Ruger, which I have many has the same policy and I only had to use the warranty one time and got the gun back in 7 days..

I had a Taurus Judge for a couple of months and used their warranty service which is also lifetime but their service wasn't as good as what I'm accustomed to..

Now Kimber....their warranty is one year, but they will certainly take care of it past the 365 days and I have heard they have even warrantied their firearms to a second owner on certain occasions..Their customer service is awesome...

Then again....the four that I own have never been back to Yonkers for a single thing and performed flawlessly right out of the grey plastic case that they came in...

Enjoy your new Kimber and if you ever have an issue don't hesitate to call them....
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber custom ii lifetime warranty

kimber micro 9 warranty

kimber warranty

kimber warranty second owner

what voids sccy warranty

Click on a term to search for related topics.