Kimber Talk Forums banner

Range/target Ammo

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I'm a couple days away from taking the Micro Carry Sapphire 380 ACP to the range for the first time. I was wondering what kind of AFFORDABLE target ammo the Kimber Micro prefers. The local hunting shop was low for the holidays and only had Sig Sauer Elite Performance Ammunition 100 gr. Not that it's bad ammo, I just was hoping to get something more affordable online. Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Your best bet may be the one a lot of us use Freedom M.
They have a thread posted by Chuck every day.

#5 · (Edited)
Someone had posted that Walmart carried ZQ1 for $10.99 per 50 that worked good in his Micro.
Checked my Walmart and they didn't have it though.
I have just ordered some American Eagle in 95 grn and think it was around $15 per 50.
I know there is cheaper ammo out there than this but don't know how well it will work in the Micro.
Federal Lawman did not work very well in our Micro.

Just checked the invoice from Midway USA and the American Eagle in .380 was on closeout at $16.31 per 50 and $14.29 per 50 in 9mm.

#9 ·
I'm still working on finding my micro's favorite, of the six or so I've tried she likes the Fiocchi best. The Sig ran really well too though and seemed to be almost as clean.
... mind your grip, these little pistols don't have much recoil but what there is powers everything.
... have fun :)

#11 ·
I've had the least amount of issues with the fiocci as well.

About 75 rounds of the critical defense with no issues too, though hardly a "range" round I suppose.

Blazer Brass was terrible and I have 400 more rounds of that to use up. I use it for when I want to do malfunction drills .

#16 ·
Love the Freedom Munitions stuff. Only problem is the hate mail I get from the UPS drivers that have to lug all that lead to my door. :D
I recently had words with a UPS driver that refused to take my order off the truck, she told me if I wanted it to come out and get it or forget it. One thing lead to another and I fired off a nasty letter to UPS about it. I received a sincere apology from UPS, I was assured that UPS's policy is to bring the order to the door and that the driver who was a temporary hired for the holiday season had been terminated.

Reactions: GoingSolo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.