Micro article - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2016, 05:28 PM   #1

Micro article

I just got the February American Rifleman and it has a nice article on the Micro 380 in it.
wfm113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-20-2016, 05:37 PM   #2

Another thread already started. Here the a link to the article:

American Rifleman | Tested: Kimber's Micro Pistols
Old 01-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #3

Good article....now...my wife has a problem with her Micro Carry not fully going into battery at times. We were at an indoor range last week firing some and it did it a few times. I have been trying to eliminate...is it the way she is holding the pistol when firing, magazine...etc. She fired 50 rounds last month through it without a failure to fire when she qualified, last week, same type of ammo was used. I cleaned and well lubed this evening....I think I need to take it to a range and wear it out before I make any conclusions.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2016, 07:55 PM   #4

I think I need to take it to a range and wear it out before I make any conclusions.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what it needs.
Chuck43 and Oreste like this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #5

... how many rounds so far?

Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Good article....now...my wife has a problem with her Micro Carry not fully going into battery at times. We were at an indoor range last week firing some and it did it a few times. I have been trying to eliminate...is it the way she is holding the pistol when firing, magazine...etc. She fired 50 rounds last month through it without a failure to fire when she qualified, last week, same type of ammo was used. I cleaned and well lubed this evening....I think I need to take it to a range and wear it out before I make any conclusions.
Hi Markie, If you're in the 500+ range as far as total ammo run I'd suspect the recoil spring. The manual that came with mine said the service interval was 1000 rounds but I've read where it was previously recommended at 500? My spring went (bent) at 600ish, had a variety of problems at that range visit. Kimber offers 3 packs of the springs on their site (I've ordered a pack). I'm going to try the stock replacement first but if it doesn't work perfectly plan "B" is going to be to try either a flat wire option offered by Galloway Precision (listed as a Colt Mustang part on their site) or one of the two (also listed as Colt Mustang parts) offered by Wolff Gunsprings. Chances are Kimber would just send you a replacement for free if you call them. Good luck man :-)
Chuck43 and Markie like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:30 AM   #6

Wink

That article makes for nice reading and provides a fairly complete overview and is very favorable to our Micros. All owners like to have their decisions reinforced with positive journalistic reviews no matter if they purchased a gun, a refrigerator, or a smartphone. We are comforted in enjoying the best of what ever we bought. Having said that, I have rarely read a negative review on any gun: most accentuate the positive and slide over the negatives. Hard hitting reviews are not the norm. So be it.

Accordingly, I look forward to reading and enjoying such wonderful reviews as in this article on the Micro with a bit of knowledge that all guns have positives and negatives. Some just have more positives than negatives. Thus far in my early journey with my Micro, I could author a very positive review. I love this little baby Kimber.
Chuck43, Oreste, Spotly and 2 others like this.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:32 AM   #7

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
. Kimber offers 3 packs of the springs on their site (I've ordered a pack). I'm going to try the stock replacement first but if it doesn't work perfectly plan "B" is going to be to try either a flat wire option offered by Galloway Precision (listed as a Colt Mustang part on their site) or one of the two (also listed as Colt Mustang parts) offered by Wolff Gunsprings. Chances are Kimber would just send you a replacement for free if you call them. Good luck man :-)
This may be the right approach. If your round count is up there, try a new Kimber spring, with a Colt spring as the fall-back. I believe the Colt spring is a couple of pounds stronger, which may solve the problem. Then again, we've said it often around here, keep it clean and wet, they just seem to run better.
Kyluckyman and Markie like this.
Jflytle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Jflytle View Post
This may be the right approach. If your round count is up there, try a new Kimber spring, with a Colt spring as the fall-back. I believe the Colt spring is a couple of pounds stronger, which may solve the problem. Then again, we've said it often around here, keep it clean and wet, they just seem to run better.
I received the 12 pound Colt spring in the mail this week. I plan on taking the Micro to the range this weekend. If I have any issues, I'll try it out. Maybe try it either way just to see. I would like to try the Sig spring and guide rod but haven't heard yet if it's a good fit.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:08 AM   #9

The Sig spring will fit over the micro guide rod; it is a little bit longer but maybe that's necessary because of the flat wire configuration. I don't know if it functions or not though.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:29 AM   #10

...will be watching for your report

Originally Posted by Spotly View Post
I received the 12 pound Colt spring in the mail this week. I plan on taking the Micro to the range this weekend. If I have any issues, I'll try it out. Maybe try it either way just to see. I would like to try the Sig spring and guide rod but haven't heard yet if it's a good fit.
... glad to hear your Micro is back. Hope she runs well this time, and am looking forward to finding how that Colt spring does? I've seen mentions of it curing problems but they're second hand accounts.
... on another thread Chuck posted pictures and measurements of his Sig P238 guide rod. I think it's called "Micro spring and bumper pads"
... good luck
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote