Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By cousinmark
  • 1 Post By Marshall
  • 1 Post By Donald

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2016, 03:41 PM   #1

2/8/16 range report

This makes the third outing since my Micro came back from the big city. I was away last week for work and the 12# Wolff recoil spring came while I was gone. I've been looking forward to trying it out and seeing how it compared to the stock spring. In looking at it next to an unused Kimber the only noticeable difference is in the gauge of the wire, the Wolff being a hair thicker. Otherwise they are virtually identical. In the photo the Wolff is closer to the tape measure.
So I put an extra drop of oil on the rails, popped her together and headed out. Today I brought 50 Fiocchi 95gr FMJ (red box) and 50 Sig 100gr FMJ with me. With the new spring the slide did feel more solidly engaged and things went all but perfect. Had one fail to feed mid mag with the Sig ammo at around 60ish rounds in? Cartridge was semi stove piped, bullet angled up and about level with the chamber? Other than that no problems, for each new mag I dropped the slide to load the first round and the slide locked out after each last round :-)
In the photo of the dead target the shots that are low on the lower left target were shot by a guy at the range. He was hitting well with his .40 so I wanted to see how he could do with a mag in the Micro? I've found that at this distance (about 25') the dot on the front sight needs to be on, rather than below the target, that explains his low group.
Have some Fiocchi "blue box" and some of the "Battle Born" solvent and lube coming :-) I'll check in next week and let you know how it does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1852.JPG (2.03 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1853.jpg (2.05 MB, 2 views)
Chuck43, Marshall, Dude22 and 3 others like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #2

One FTF out of 100 sounds like a good visit to the range.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Sounds like you're getting it dialed in.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2016, 04:30 PM   #4

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
This makes the third outing since my Micro came back from the big city. I was away last week for work and the 12# Wolff recoil spring came while I was gone. I've been looking forward to trying it out and seeing how it compared to the stock spring. In looking at it next to an unused Kimber the only noticeable difference is in the gauge of the wire, the Wolff being a hair thicker. Otherwise they are virtually identical. In the photo the Wolff is closer to the tape measure.
So I put an extra drop of oil on the rails, popped her together and headed out. Today I brought 50 Fiocchi 95gr FMJ (red box) and 50 Sig 100gr FMJ with me. With the new spring the slide did feel more solidly engaged and things went all but perfect. Had one fail to feed mid mag with the Sig ammo at around 60ish rounds in? Cartridge was semi stove piped, bullet angled up and about level with the chamber? Other than that no problems, for each new mag I dropped the slide to load the first round and the slide locked out after each last round :-)
In the photo of the dead target the shots that are low on the lower left target were shot by a guy at the range. He was hitting well with his .40 so I wanted to see how he could do with a mag in the Micro? I've found that at this distance (about 25') the dot on the front sight needs to be on, rather than below the target, that explains his low group.
Have some Fiocchi "blue box" and some of the "Battle Born" solvent and lube coming :-) I'll check in next week and let you know how it does.
I have to remember that excuse the next time I shoot off target...

Really nice shooting and glad the Micro is working out for you....
cousinmark likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Nice range report. I am happy your Micro is getting better. Many of us with Micros are carefully following your experience with the Wolf spring to see if it is a viable option and bona fide problem solver. Keep your range reports coming!
cousinmark likes this.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #6

Thanks for the range report. Looking good!

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #7

Nice Range report. Definitely a solid day. I have seen a video of a guy shooting the blue box Fiocchi out of a Sig P238 he felt it was cleaner ammo than the red box or PMC. I do know I shot the Fiocchi blue box out of my P220 and was impressed with how clean it ran.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote