Ordered Micro Carry delays - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #1

Ordered Micro Carry delays

As I previously noted in my "Introduction" thread, I had a Micro Carry 380 on order and was waiting for delivery. I decided to check on the status of my order to get an ETA for delivery. My dealer told me today that my order had not been assigned a shipment date. So, I decided to contact Kimber today to get a sense of any delays in shipping the Micro Carry's. I was told that model was very popular and I should expect to see mine in about 2 months. That's too long a wait for me (especially at my age!), so I re-visited my dealer to check out the other Micro Carry's he had in stock which resulted in my purchase of the Micro Raptor STS. I spent a little more for this model, but think I will like it a lot better in the long run.

Now if it will just stop snowing and warm up, I will give it a shake-down run at my outdoor range. I'll report the results...
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-08-2016, 05:48 PM   #2

The Micro Raptor a beautiful Kimber and I'm sure you will love it....

Congrats...
Cybercycle likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Cybercycle View Post
As I previously noted in my "Introduction" thread, I had a Micro Carry 380 on order and was waiting for delivery. I decided to check on the status of my order to get an ETA for delivery. My dealer told me today that my order had not been assigned a shipment date. So, I decided to contact Kimber today to get a sense of any delays in shipping the Micro Carry's. I was told that model was very popular and I should expect to see mine in about 2 months. That's too long a wait for me (especially at my age!), so I re-visited my dealer to check out the other Micro Carry's he had in stock which resulted in my purchase of the Micro Raptor STS. I spent a little more for this model, but think I will like it a lot better in the long run.

Now if it will just stop snowing and warm up, I will give it a shake-down run at my outdoor range. I'll report the results...
I am not sure exactly how old you are that you can't wait two months for a gun, I am assuming your not 29 any longer. LOL. Anyway I think you will love your micro Raptor. I like mine more every time I shoot it. Congratulations on your purchase. We do need pictures.

Cybercycle likes this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Nice! Must be tough having to "settle" for a Raptor.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:24 PM   #5

Thumbs up

The raptor is a beautiful Micro model. Enjoy it. You should be happy. I need to ask. What model did you order?
Cybercycle likes this.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #6

...nice !!!

I had held and looked at the Raptor when I was picking my Carry out. It was hard not to bite on it. The grips on the Raptors are probably my favorites. Will be watching for the report? I'll be surprised if you go more than a week snow or no snow :-)
Cybercycle likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #7

I was going to whine about not being able to buy a Kimber micro anything in Commiefornia but I am all grown up now and no longer cry about such things. Nice choice Cybercycle I do not know anyone who does not like the Raptor model whether they own one or not.
Cybercycle likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Donald View Post
The raptor is a beautiful Micro model. Enjoy it. You should be happy. I need to ask. What model did you order?
I originally ordered the base Micro Carry (Kimber #3300082) with plans to upgrade it over time. Well...forget any upgrades as the Raptor has all the upgrades in plan, plus more. Funny how things work out for the best...
Trex likes this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:51 AM   #9

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cybercycle View Post
I originally ordered the base Micro Carry (Kimber #3300082) with plans to upgrade it over time. Well...forget any upgrades as the Raptor has all the upgrades in plan, plus more. Funny how things work out for the best...
Yes, so true. After reading your first post, we felt genuinely sorry for you. After reading this post...we are freaking jealous!
Chuck43 and Cybercycle like this.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:36 AM   #10

I am looking for the down-side, and as you have indicated, there is none. We have the base models (his & hers) and keep wishing we had waited a bit longer. Let us know what you think, when you finally get a chance to stretch your legs, so to speak.
Chuck43 and Cybercycle like this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber delivery delays

Click on a term to search for related topics.