• 1 Post By Snake15
  • 1 Post By Snake15
  • 2 Post By cousinmark
  • 1 Post By Tinman
  • 1 Post By Spotly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #1

Kimber customer service

I don't remember who it was but I've heard people complain about waiting times on Kimber customer service lines. I've never waited more than two minutes for them to answer the phone once I've listen to all the options. Anyway I called them again today about the spring for the wife's Micro Bel Air which has been two weeks now since I first called and the gal apologized and she says "I'm going to put one in an envelope right now with my business card and mail it to you today" She was very nice and apparently the post office lost my spring, can't blame Kimber for that. Although I have been frustrated with my Solo and my wife's Micro, my experiences with with Kimber customer service have been nothing but stellar. I must admit I was surprised at the fact that she had Micro recoil springs available to her right near her desk. I assumed that she would've put the call into Yonkers and have the spring shipped out of the factory. However there must be enough complaints that call for the springs that they ship them directly to customer service to let them deal with it. Wadaya know, mabey it's not limp-wrist or user error after all.
cousinmark and Mini Me like this.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:24 PM   #2

C,mon Cuc you didn't take her literally did you? She's probably in India and she pushes a button for which spring to send. I know my experience with Kimber couldn't have been better, professional and concerned. Makes a big difference when buying something you like that much and even if it hiccups a little they'll take care of you and the shooter
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:29 PM   #3

Kimber customer service center is only about 200 miles away from me. They are up in Kalispell Montana and I am in HELENA. They are about as far away from Yonkers as you can get.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #4

But aren't the phone receptionists East Indian? Maybe I called Dell
Hoffbrew likes this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:02 PM   #5

...guilty as charged :-)

I've spent a good amount of time on hold??? I'm not sure how you get through in 2 minutes, that's NEVER happened for me??? (do you play the power ball BigSky)???
...when I have gotten through they're always nice and helpful, no complaints there. I actually emailed the CS guy I've dealt with yesterday, wanted to order a 3 pack of slide stop springs and a few firing pin springs for my Micro as well as a few extra paper clip tools for my Pro CDP II. The CDP is currently "YONKERED" because the front sight fell off? Idea was to toss the stuff in the box with the CDP and save on shipping. I mentioned to have someone call with a total so I could square up. He emailed me last night saying he was putting a "package" together, and today I had an email saying a package had been sent from Kimber, it's priority mail so it's not the gun. It would seem they've sent it for free? They've already sent me a few freebie 7 round mags and a Micro recoil spring??? "and there's nothing wrong with that" :-)
Cucamonga kid and Snake15 like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:08 PM   #6

Maybe they take all the local calls first; area code 406.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #7

Talked with 'Ja*****' at KCS last Friday after picking up my NIB 'boneless' CCP earlier in the morning to seek basic break in advice and anything else directly related to my CCP. We talked for 15 minutes discussing to my Kimber ownership history and things I had forgotten about KCS. Our conversation was 'light' and 'general' and he gave me his direct ext. to discuss 'anything' should a concern arise.

Keep in mind I have 'never' had a issue with any Kimber firearm.

But if you establish rapport with KCS before you have a issue, it's highly likely the issue in your hand will resolve itself before you contact KCS. imo....most returns to motherland via mothership are ownership communication issues. (Please accept this point, some owners want read or even understand the owners manual.
Williams likes this.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Maybe they take all the local calls first; area code 406.
I'm 509 and they've picked up quickly every time as well. Maybe west siders go to the front of the queue
Cucamonga kid likes this.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote