• 1 Post By Mini Me
  • 1 Post By cousinmark
  • 2 Post By Cybercycle
  • 1 Post By krunchnik
  • 1 Post By Spotly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #1

Micro Trigger and Recoil

I'm considering the purchase of a Micro with a CT Lasergrip. I normally carry a Kimber CDP II and / or S&W 638 revolver.
  • The Micro has a 7# SAO trigger. How disappointed will I be with the Micro's trigger compared to my 1911 (4# SAO trigger) ?
  • How "snappy" is the recoil of the Micro? similar to the lightweight 38 revolver? (approx same weight - 14oz and energy levels - 200ft-lbs)
While I'll use the Micro as a Summer carry, I wonder if my wife will find the recoil a bit too much.
LeoC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #2

I do not notice much of a difference in trigger between my .45's and my micro. There is a little but to me it's not much to get excited about.
Also my wife shoots and carries a micro. This is her first gun and the recoil has not been too much although she does experience so FTE due to limp wristing. Other than that in my experience the micro is a nice gun. Others here have not had the same experience. Unfortunately I feel it is safe to say not all micros are created equal.
The Colonel likes this.
Mini Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #3

I'm ok with the trigger, then again I'm not an expert. Lineman73 had come up for a visit a few weeks back. He's more of an expert, his comment was that my Micro trigger was a little "gritty" and "heavy". Now keep in mind the pistol he brought was set up in the 2# range, after trying it out I can see where the lighter pull can help with accuracy, it felt just this side of nonexistent :-)
On the recoil although it's not as much as with a larger caliber, because the pistol is so small I think it can be more of a problem if you don't have your grip worked out? You need to cover as much of the little gun as you can so that what recoil energy there is can be used to operate it. Not a big deal once you practice a some.
Mini Me likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #4

The trigger is not an issue and the recoil is almost no existent. It is smooth and the lack of recoil allows you to be back on target almost instantly.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #5

Recoil is tame and even tamer, if you don't shoot 100grn bullets. Maybe I am imaging things but I can tell the difference between 90-95grn and 100grn on my Micro.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:37 PM   #6

Of course everybody is different with respect to felt recoil. My wife doesn't care for my Micro and prefers her Glock G42 relative to recoil. When comparing her accuracy with either gun, she also shoots much better with the G42. When she was making her decision, our LGS let her try the Micro, Sig, and Glock at their indoor range...the G42 was the obvious gun for her giving that all the rounds landed inside the "8". She could LIVE with the Micro (but why?) and hated the Sig. Is it possible to have her test shoot several guns in that size?

BTW...I like my Micro and have no issues with its recoil.

Good luck with your (her?) decision.
glokrok and The Colonel like this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to krunchnik
I also like my Micro but there is a large difference in the trigger between my Aegis and the Micro.The Micro trigger is a stiffer pull but lets off clean-the Aegis is a jewel compared to it.I have noticed a big difference in recoil between my 100 Grain Berry's reloads and Hornady 90 grain XTP-the Micro performs real well with the Hornady load-so much so its fun to shoot-which gets expensive real quick.I have around 400 rounds thru this little pistol with zero malfunctions.
Cybercycle likes this.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #8

Trigger pull on mine feels good. It's a little heavy maybe but crisp with no slop. The recoil is fine below 100 rounds or so. A few hundred rounds and it starts to sting just a little. My wife thinks the recoil on my 9mm XDm felt better though, perhaps due to the fatter grip.
Cybercycle likes this.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:39 AM   #9

Comparing the micro to polymer .380s, I think the single action trigger is perfect for me....crisp, quicker, more predictable, no surprises. It is far less "snappy" than the LCP or the 3PAT. Those were the reasons I bought it and I was pleasantly surprised and well satisfied. I am having trouble getting used to the thumb safety, after years of doing without.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #10

Originally Posted by LeoC4 View Post
I'm considering the purchase of a Micro with a CT Lasergrip. I normally carry a Kimber CDP II and / or S&W 638 revolver.
  • The Micro has a 7# SAO trigger. How disappointed will I be with the Micro's trigger compared to my 1911 (4# SAO trigger) ?
  • How "snappy" is the recoil of the Micro? similar to the lightweight 38 revolver? (approx same weight - 14oz and energy levels - 200ft-lbs)
While I'll use the Micro as a Summer carry, I wonder if my wife will find the recoil a bit too much.
For me, for an EDC, I would not want a light trigger pull. Light enough that you can still double-tap, but heavy enough that I would not have accidental discharges. It is all a matter of training, but shooting with adrenaline changes things. I am working through this problem with an LC9sPro, right now. It wants to shoot the occasional extra round. It is all me, but something I have to deal with.
As for your wife's perceived recoil, let her shoot something bigger, first, and offer the Micro as the option.

Tags
1911, recoil, trigger

Search tags for this page

how to improve the trigger pull on a kimber micro 9

how to lighten trigger on kimber micro 380

how to reduce trigger pull on kimber micro 9

kimber micro 380 trigger job

kimber micro 9 skeletonized trigger

kimber micro nine trigger job

rough trigger kimber micro 9

Click on a term to search for related topics.