Micro Carry holsters and methods - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #1

Micro Carry holsters and methods

As you probably know I'm new to micros. In the summer heat I need small guns to conceal. My pocket pistols before now have been a pair of Ruger LCPs. Although I do carry in my front pocket a lot I never carry them without some kind of trigger guard protection holster. They do not have a manual safety but have a long and hard trigger pull. I carried them around un-chambered for a while to build my confidence. Now the Micro does have a manual safety but very short trigger pull although pretty stout. There is no grip safety of course. In pockets front or back or even IWB I have to build confidence once again. How do you guys feel about them in condition one who carry in unusual places other than on hip? Any concerns? What types of holster protection do you use. Right now all I have is the Ruger LCP holsters that seem to fit ok but none cover the safety. What is your confidence level with the micro?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outbacs.jpg (1.26 MB, 7 views)
fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-22-2016, 09:22 AM   #2

As long as it covers the trigger I think it's ok as the only way the Micro will fire is when the trigger is pulled.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #3

I use the included pocket holster in front pocket. Condition 1. Not scared at all.
Chillis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2016, 10:25 AM   #4

Carry mine in a Desantis pocket holster all the time. You still have the Safety and firing pin block safety. Unless that triggers pulled she's not going off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JC45 likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #5
Super Moderator

I don't pocket carry very often anymore but when I do it's with either my Sig P938 or P238 and always in condition #1.

fifthgear and Chillis like this.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:19 PM   #6

Mostly I use a Crossbreed but when I pocket carry or have it in my gym bag, I use the Desantis. Between the firing pin block, thumb safety and requiring a squeezed trigger, I'm very confident in the safety of this gun in condition 1. I am considering trying out a IWB sticky holster though - for those times where I might otherwise pocket carry.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:47 PM   #7

Pocket carry the little shooters but when you get in the car take it out of your pocket and lay it on the seat next to you or the console where it's ready at hand.
fifthgear likes this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:26 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Snake15 View Post
Pocket carry the little shooters but when you get in the car take it out of your pocket and lay it on the seat next to you or the console where it's ready at hand.
You have to know the local law and be careful of where you do something like that. In Illinois even with my carry permit in my pocket an exposed gun laying on a seat or console is no longer concealed and I just made some LEO's day. Double bad Buddha if the gun is loaded.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #9

That's why when I travel to Arkansas I bypass Illinois. No reciprocity with other states yet. Michigan is a open carry state so we don't have to worry about guns showing or being loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:59 PM   #10
Super Moderator

My son and his family live in Michigan, both he and his wife have Michigan carry permits. They can legally carry concealed in their vehical in Illinois and continue to carry while on my property. If they have to step out of the car in the state and not on my property they can either leave their gun with the other person or in the car. It's not the best thing in the world but we're constantly fighting to make changes for the better.