Kimber Talk Forums banner

Regular practice with the Micro Carry?

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  Chillis 
#1 ·
If I were to practice sort of regularly with the Micro now that she is a runner, is it just the recoil spring that gets replaced frequently?

I am not talking huge ammo counts. Maybe shoot it every other week with a box of 50.

#2 ·
The recoil spring should be replaced every 1000 rounds, the main spring and firing pin spring are to be replaced at 5000 rounds.

#12 ·
I've asked this question before but didn't receive an answer.
If I carry condition one all the time and the firing pin spring is constantly in the cocked position, will this have an adverse effect on this springs life expectancy and if so how much would it shorten the life of this spring?

#4 ·
That doesn't sound quite right.

While I do not own that exact pistol, I do shoot a SIG P238--to destruction. It's just as tight and accurate now as the day I bought it.

Design wise, the P238, the Micro and the Colt .380 ACP are all "cousins."

#9 ·
Just confirming the Wolff Colt Mustang springs fit the Kimber Micro Carry.

Just installed it but have not shot it. Tuesday I will take it out. It snugged up the slide tension so that a quick jab forward is not causing the slide to move back a little and clank forward again.

#24 ·
Hey, good to hear Chillis. There've been several reports on the heavier springs working well. I have tried out the 12# Wolff in mine but had a few FTEs with it so went back to stock and no problems?
Just a curiosity question on the ammo. Are you sure it's 90gr and not 95gr? I thought the Aguilla FMJ I've tried was 95gr?

#28 ·
The job of the recoil spring is to absorb some of the recoil driving the side of the gun back. So yes a heavier spring will produce less felt recoil. You just have to be careful not to go too heavy or the slide won't fully function the way it's suppose to and you will start having problems with extraction and loading. Target shooters who use lighter loads go in the opposite direction with lighter springs to keep the gun functioning with their reduced loads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.