Got to get out and do this. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Micro Carry Forum

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #1

Got to get out and do this.

Received the new spring from customer service a month ago for the Micro Bel Air I bought for my wife for Christmas. But I still haven't gotten out to try it yet. Has anybody solved their feeding issues with the new spring? If you have I'd love to hear about it. I bought that Bel Air for the wife not as an EDC but, just a piece of jewelry, something to open on Christmas day. It sure would be nice if it was reliable.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:53 PM   #2

It ain't gonna shoot it self. Now get out there and change the spring and shoot that puppy.
Chuck43, glokrok, Spotly and 2 others like this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:00 PM   #3

I'd say you're due to try it out? There've been several mentions of the new spring working. Both the stock Kimber and the 11# Wolff. Although Kimber says there isn't a break in period for the Micros my personal belief is that a good 300 or so rounds is a fair amount. I mean you can see areas where the metal parts are fitting themselves after shooting. With mine I was still having intermittent feed issues after 500 rounds so, as you say, she was "Yonkered". At that point I figured let them screw around with her to get her up to spec. I know there are Micros that run flawlessly and I told the folks at Kimber (nicely) I needed for mine to perform at that level. If I got it back and she didn't I'd be sending her right back to them :-) Since she has been back I may have had 3 or 4 fails to eject in the last 1000ish rounds. This has only happened when using the 7 round mags and chances are it may have been the same mag? The last 300 rounds with the 6 rounders have been perfect :-) Failures to feed just don't happen anymore. As well as replacing the spring they reamed and polished the chamber. With mine I think the work done on the chamber is what brought things up to snuff? Your epic adventure with the Solo is kind of legendary around here so I can understand why you may not want to go through something else along those lines again. But hey, you won't know till you try and worst case if it needs to get "Yonkered" what are the chances of a "CucaSolo" type thing happening to the same guy twice :-)
Cucamonga kid likes this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Received the new spring from customer service a month ago for the Micro Bel Air I bought for my wife for Christmas. But I still haven't gotten out to try it yet. Has anybody solved their feeding issues with the new spring? If you have I'd love to hear about it. I bought that Bel Air for the wife not as an EDC but, just a piece of jewelry, something to open on Christmas day. It sure would be nice if it was reliable.
Why didn't you buy her a diamond ring instead of a pistol nobody is going to use.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:42 PM   #5

Good posts. The only thing is I gotta get the wife to go do the shooting. My wrists are too manly so it wouldn't be a true test. Lol I polished the chamber and ramp my self so I'm going to test it first without the spring to see if the polish made a difference the add the new Kimber spring and run it again. She couldn't get through one mag without a malf so we quit at 50 rounds. I just got to drag her out to the range or BLM up the hill and gitter done.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:46 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Good posts. The only thing is I gotta get the wife to go do the shooting. My wrists are too manly so it wouldn't be a true test. Lol I polished the chamber and ramp my self so I'm going to test it first without the spring to see if the polish made a difference the add the new Kimber spring and run it again. She couldn't get through one mag without a malf so we quit at 50 rounds. I just got to drag her out to the range or BLM up the hill and gitter done.
What you gonna do if her wrists are to "girly" to overcome a limp wrist malfunction?

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:16 AM   #7

I don't own a Micro but a Wolff XP spring helped my Eclipse Pro. Haven't had any issues since using this spring. I tried shooting out the problem, sent it back to Yorkers and then the Wolff spring.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #8

My Micro Raptor had a lot of feeding problems with the stock spring, so I went with a 12lb Wolff. Worked perfectly for about 500rds, then began having FTE issues. Went back to the stock spring, and now all seems 100%. There's been noticeable wear on the frame rails, so I'm guessing that the pistol's self-gunsmithing is now about complete.
cousinmark likes this.
charliea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #9

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
What you gonna do if her wrists are to "girly" to overcome a limp wrist malfunction?
I would probably PM Iceman to see if his niece had any suggestions for her.
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #10

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Why didn't you buy her a diamond ring instead of a pistol nobody is going to use.
Coulda-shoulda!
2sharp2 likes this.