Has anyone ever actually seen one of these used? - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Pepperblaster Forum

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2015, 03:31 PM   #11

At $40-$50 a piece I will keep my handy edc...
It would be my luck to spray it and get it right back in the face and get my ass handed to me..
TETO
Zoomybaby and speedydg13 like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #12

[QUOTE=LinckG;48518]Wasp spray might be effective, but this is concealable and easy to carry.

I wonder how this would work in my chili. I could have 1 shot chili, 2 shot chili and no shot chili. Haha, now I want to make chili tonight. Not with the PepperBlaster though.

I'm just getting around to looking at some of these posts and this one cracked me up about the chili! Good grief, couldn't believe someone would intentionally take a shot to the face and didn't even scream out any cuss words! Damn, he's good!
DaveinNC likes this.

Last edited by starnovi; 07-17-2016 at 06:58 AM.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #13

Omg...these guys are insane! I am lmao though. Gotta give them thanks and credit for trying it out.

Last edited by starnovi; 07-17-2016 at 06:58 AM.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2018, 10:27 PM   #14

Sorry, I'll have to call B.S. on the leakage, I have used these for many years in extreme temps, high and low, left them in cars, still do, never had one leak!

Not buying the wasp spray story either.

Just got a new one from eBay, 36 bucks, free shipping! They now have a five year shelf life!

Last edited by 1911junkie; 01-03-2018 at 10:29 PM.
1911junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:23 PM   #15

Wink

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
At $40-$50 a piece I will keep my handy edc...
It would be my luck to spray it and get it right back in the face and get my ass handed to me..
TETO
Yeah, that's the problem with pepper spray, or old style chemical mace. Pepper spray works better than the mace, effecting more people, but it's not full proof (has no effect on some) and usually gets on the person trying to protect themselves. Don't EVEN try to use it in an enclosed space if you are inside of it with the attacker or you'll likely incapacitate yourself too.

I haven't used a pepper blaster, but have a lot of experience with the chemical mace and later pepper spray issued by the department. Training includes being maced and pepper sprayed so we will know what it feels like. Same for the stun guns/tasers. Pepper spray effects me immediately, thankfully, I have a higher tolerance for the electric charges.

I used to demonstrate the stun gun on my forearm to show it was "non-injurious" to the healthy when someone I restrained with it complained of "police brutality" or that I hurt them. I'm sure they thought they better shut up around this psycho cop and usually quit whining!

I'm just glad they didn't require us to get shot to be able to carry the firearms too!
Marshall, Hoffbrew and DaveinNC like this.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:12 AM   #16

The wasp spray was discussed in my CCW class and the instructor told us that if we used it as a personal defense, we could be liable and would very likely lose in a courtroom. Just my $.02. But, I think a better idea would be to buy a large can of "bear spray" and rely on it for personal defense.
My wife has the Kimber product, but I have no experience with it. When I was working, I bought a small can of pepper spray from the local police supply store; I only needed it 1 time, but it stopped an imminent attack from a 75 lb pit bull and it stopped the attack IMMEDIATELY.