Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Pepperblaster Forum

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Donald
  • 2 Post By montanaResident
  • 1 Post By Chuck43

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #1

Thumbs up Keeping my lady safe

After a quick review of the pepper spray options on the market, I purchased a Kimber red color pepper blaster for a Christmas present for my fiancé. Just a background note. She is a widow and I am a widower and we decide that life is too lonely without a long term partner like we both had. This is a new experience for both of us.

She is gun phobic so the thought of her ever carrying is out of the question. We are both cyclists (as in bicycle) and have carried pepper spray, squirt bottles of ammonia, etc. to protect from dogs with long legs and big teeth while riding in the country. I've lost count of the number of close calls I have had with angry dogs and developed a knack for spraying them while on the fly. A good zinger to the snout or eyes does the trick. Anyway, so much with our experience while biking. But those smallish spray devices for bikers is rather limited and aiming can be a challenge. Once I read about these Kimber products, I knew I found a product that would enable her to feel comfortable and would be the best (at least from my limited search) product on the market. It appears to be well made and a quality product. It feels much more comfortable in the hand that those smaller jobs. I think it was worth the money. Of course we have had no experience using it yet, thank goodness.

She was pleased that I bought it for her....least from the standpoint of my wanting her to be safe. Now if I can just get her to carry it more often. No purse carry. She is willing to put it in her car, but that is about it. We live in the country where it is relatively safe. But we frequently find ourselves driving lost in big metro areas when we visit the big cities. I do feel a little better with it along for the ride and when we take long trail hikes. Our limited experience with this Kimber has been good thus far.
RustyIron, Cybercycle and starnovi like this.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2016, 10:00 AM   #2

There have been a few members here that have purchased those. I have not seen any reports of members here having to use one.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #3
Banned

I bought one for a GF once. Tested it, and it was very potent. A couple of years later, nothing. Aerosol cans do have a Best By Date, so keep aware of its possible effectiveness several years from now. It's for this reason, I carry a revolver and not bear spray. Bullets are good for damn near forever. I've even had cartridges go thru the washing machine, and surprisingly they still go bang.
OLE442 and starnovi like this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #4

As far as protection from dogs, I'd stick with a good streaming spray. Just my opinion.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I bought the Kimber Pepperblaster for my daughter when she started college and luckily she has never had to use it. My question is do the chemicals in it have a shelf life ? She has had it for 4 years and I don't want her to need it and not work for her.

I bought 2 of them originally, but I took the first one to the range with me to try out and silly me forgot my phone to take some pictures. You will have to trust me when I say that this thing is potent and will shoot 20-30 yards away. Just don't try this with the wind blowing at your face {ask me how I know} haha
I think that question would be best answered by Kimbers customer service.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: M–F, 9:30 a.m.–7 p.m. Eastern

Marshall likes this.

Chuck43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:05 PM   #6

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
I bought one for a GF once. Tested it, and it was very potent. A couple of years later, nothing. Aerosol cans do have a Best By Date, so keep aware of its possible effectiveness several years from now. It's for this reason, I carry a revolver and not bear spray. Bullets are good for damn near forever. I've even had cartridges go thru the washing machine, and surprisingly they still go bang.
Yes indeed, that why my "pepper spray" has 29 effective chances of repelling critters on the attack ( both 4 and 2 legged varieties) when I'm on my bicycle or any place else!
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #7

I have one with a holster. It's always with me since I live in a no carry state. NJ!
Foneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:26 PM   #8

before using pepper spray be sure you can get away.....
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Donald View Post
After a quick review of the pepper spray options on the market, I purchased a Kimber red color pepper blaster for a Christmas present for my fiancé.
Never let it be said that Donald does not know how please a lady.

If I understand correctly, the Kimber unit really blasts out a solid spray at a good distance, but you only get two shots. Others might give you more shots, but less distance and a greater chance of a cloud that will affect the shooter.

Good to hear from other riders. I mtb, though. Here in Metropolitan Los Angeles, the only wildlife hazards that exist for us are rattle snakes, mountain lions, and ticks. I can only recall two riders killed by cats, never heard of a rider who has been bit by a rattler, and I can't see pepper spraying my manly bits to ward off an aggressive tick.

You Strava? Pepper spray might be useful in holding back aggressive Strava riders.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote