Kimber Talk Forums banner

What a great day I had and got to shoot too

906 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Dude22 
#1 ·
Had a ball this morning. Our church took 132 needy kids to penny's to christmas shop.
An adult for each kid and school provided buses for the kids/volunteers/gifts.
I had a neat little boy and it was fun. Shoes, coats, pants shirts....the works.
Only christmas these kids will have and I love doing this every year. I guess the best thing is all the volunteers and, only a few of the kids are from our church. That parts really neat.
Penny's opens the store for just us and their employees are great. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU PENNY'S.
We take them for pizza and a movie after and dinner on the way home (I skipped the movie and food...darn it).
Gives true meaning to me and I look forward to it each year.
Anyway, after shopping with the kids, I ran by Red River Gun Range. IT WAS CROWDED!
Not a lot of time and I needed to get back to help unload the loot (the ladies can wrap them...I suck at that).
Pic one is the Kimber 45. Used ammo I'd never shot before. Freedom Ammo 230 grain at 11 yards. Not bad stuff and I got a great deal on it on black friday (1,000 rounds with no shipping).
Pic two is my Springfield 1911 9mm. 11 yards 115 grain Federal.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
You're a good dude, Gundude! /QUOTE]

And a good shot to boot! It makes me feel good just reading the day you had. It's what Christmas is all about and thanks for letting us share in it!

#4 ·
Christmas Blessings

Had a ball this morning. Our church took 132 needy kids to penny's to christmas shop.
An adult for each kid and school provided buses for the kids/volunteers/gifts.
I had a neat little boy and it was fun. Shoes, coats, pants shirts....the works.
Only christmas these kids will have and I love doing this every year. I guess the best thing is all the volunteers and, only a few of the kids are from our church. That parts really neat.
Penny's opens the store for just us and their employees are great. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU PENNY'S.
We take them for pizza and a movie after and dinner on the way home (I skipped the movie and food...darn it).
Gives true meaning to me and I look forward to it each year.
My wife and I have some children we are getting Christmas for this year. The blessing and joy you get is far, far greater than the time, effort and money you give. It's so great to be able to see the ones you help. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Knowing there are people out there like you gives me hope. I pray you receive even more blessings!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.