• 2 Post By JCBnPHX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #1

What would you do?

Always be ready - 5.11
Hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-15-2016, 12:33 AM   #2

Why would any responsible CCW person let anyone know he's carrying in the first place. It's no one's business. You should NEVER be foolish enough to brandish it or childish enough to let it be seen as in Oh I've got a gun and gee you happened to see it. That person is why responsible CCW folks get a bad name. We should all distance ourselves from these idiots. As far as in your own home, again it gets down to being safe and responsible period. No one needs to know your business accept very close friends. When I came home from work, I would place my gun on the table and I taught me kids how to handle it. What to touch and what NOT to touch and I would have them carry it safely into the bedroom for me while I was with them and place it on the bed. It very soon lost it's mystique and they NEVER developed a need to sneak a peak or touch. Thats just how I personally handled firearms and for me it worked. Plus I NEVER talked about work with them, no need and thankfully they pursued other careers. To this day friends or family don't know if I am armed when I'm out. No ones business. Unless it's people I had worked with and even then they may assume but it's not something talked about. IMHO
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:37 AM   #3

I also don't let anyone know I'm carrying but many of my friends know I like guns and know I carry. I go shooting with these people and I've never had this issue, but if I friend specifically ask me not to bring a gun to their house I would respect that.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #4

I have only had 1 run in with this issue, about 10 years ago when my son was having some friends for a sleepover, one the kids parents really didn't know us but have met them at school functions. These parents asked my wife if we had guns at our house, she said "yes", my family hunts and they shoot targets on our back property. There son did not show up. Funny thing is about 2 years ago, he asked my opinion on a couple of pistols for home defense. Go figure.

Always be ready - 5.11
Old 03-15-2016, 09:24 AM   #5

We have 3 couples we do a lot with, so between us 4 guys we have 4 pistols on us, all CCW carry, one of the bonuses is 1 does not drink, just diet Dr Pepper, so when we decide we are going out to have some beers, I have no problem leaving at home, he will have our back!

Always be ready - 5.11
Old 03-15-2016, 09:44 AM   #6

Hey thats me with the Dr pepper ! Or Cherry Coke, or a Mr Pibb ! And sure, I'll be glad to hold your guns for you, hopefully you'll get happy enough to forget where they went.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:45 AM   #7

The reason you carry a weapon is for defense. The reason you carry concealed is for a tactical advantage (surprise) and not cause the non-gun enthusiasts to freak out. I don't wear ANYTHING that might identify me to evil-doers as a possible threat to them. That means no NRA attire, PBA, LEO, fight club etc teeshirts or logos. When I am out in public my goal is to be invisible. I am just another old dude with a bald head and a grey beard.
If going out, I am the one beer only/ever guy. I practice my draw and fire from where I carry and I carry consistently.
Snake15 and fifthgear like this.
JCBnPHX is offline   Reply With Quote