New K6s - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #1

New K6s

Merry Christmas to me. I just picked up a K6s at a more than reasonable price. I wasn't sure I was going to get this one and then when I looked at it, pulled the trigger etc. I was sold. I bought the little gun and am waiting to go to the range as the weather is a bit poor. Can't wait to report range findings.
Rangemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #2

Well you can say that I'm officially jealous....

Congrats and anxious to hear the range report. .
Nellybelle and Rangemeister like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:56 PM   #3

Yep, what Marshall said. Let us know your impressions from that 1st range session.
Nellybelle and Rangemeister like this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #4

Wow, nice gift! Congratulations, can't wait to hear what you think of it. Hope you get to use your micro with the extended mags when you go to the range with the K6. Good luck.
Rangemeister likes this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #5

Thanks guys. Gotta heavy graduation date with my daughter tomorrow, but will get on the range Saturday.
Jflytle and starnovi like this.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #6

Pics are it didn't happen.......JK......

Enjoy that sweet looking revolver...
Old 12-09-2016, 07:03 PM   #7

Waiting for them to put an exposed hammer on it so I can shoot single action....may be a long wait.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:11 AM   #8

Thumbs up K6s

Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Pics are it didn't happen.......JK......

Enjoy that sweet looking revolver...
OK, it looks the same as all of them, but I got a pic of the K6s here. The thing is a real work of art. The cylinder is recessed, very nice touch, ALL edges are gone. Trigger is exceptionally smooth with a unique "staging" ability that can only make shooting the gun very accurate. The "sixth" round is very nice and the gun came with a Desantis speedstick. Going out today......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k6sa.JPG (162.2 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #9

SaWeet & Sexy ...........

What ammo will you be trying in it right off the bat...
Old 12-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #10

Thumbs up Range report time for the K6s

Well, it is hard to describe the feelings of elation and let-down in one range session, but here goes.

I took my M9 and new Kimber mags to range with K6s. Very not good results. Will post on proper forum.

Now, the K6s. What a joy to shoot! I took 25 Hornady 125 gr 38, and 25 110gr Winchester 357 to the range with bells on my toes. Not really, but it is that time of year. The gun performed absolutely flawlessly. The 38's I fired were barely felt in terms of recoil. The 357's, although staunch, were very controllable. I got to where I shot cylinders of mixed 38/357 and the difference was shocking. I have posted the target I placed at 21 feet. I will tell you the ones closest to the center were combinations of 38 and 357. The strays were later as I tired a bit after these and my initial M9 range outing. I was majorly impressed with the trigger. It stages very nicely and reset is positive and very easy to pick up for those second shots. I did have one that departed before I was ready. I assume it was my fault, cold and wind not withstanding.

Great gun folks. If you are a wheelgun fan, this is a great little piece. Just for your info, my J frame holsters don't fit very well. Barrel shroud and width of cylinder biggest culprits.

More information:
As I was cleaning the K6 I noticed a couple of things. The fit and finish is very well done. I took the grip off and the frame is very much like the SP101 Ruger. As a Ruger armorer I was tempted to take the side plate to see what other items might be the same, but I chose not to. Ejector rod even has a slight wobble as does the SP 101. It does look like a "1911" company produced this gun as all screws are hex head and all the same size at that. Lock up is solid, reminds me of a Colt I had a good while back. ALL edges except under the grips are rounded or angled at 45 deg. A little heavy when loaded for pocket carry, but for a person a bit larger with larger pants pockets etc, may not be an issue. Came with a plastic six round insert that I have been using for snap caps for dry firing. Lastly, I remember having a difficult time picking up the front sight and thus getting a good sight picture. I foresee painting the front sight or it does have a pinned front sight meaning an interchangeable sight is not far away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg firstk6s.JPG (161.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Rangemeister; 12-11-2016 at 02:34 PM. Reason: More observations

Search tags for this page

forum k6s

is it ok to dry fire a k-6 kimber revolver

Click on a term to search for related topics.