Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Rangemeister
  • 1 Post By TENWOLVES
  • 1 Post By TENWOLVES
  • 2 Post By Rangemeister

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #1

Thumbs up Happy K6s range outing with a surprise guest!

Took my K6s out to a NEW indoor range in the next boro tonight and had a very special surprise guest, Kimber Solo DC. Report on that in proper forum.

As I set myself up at my assigned shooting station, the range commander stopped by to chat and noticed my gleaming new K6s. He told me he held a deep desire to hold one of the new guns and asked if I minded him shooting a cylinder of his own ammo. I relented and told him he could shoot either the 110gr 357 stuff or the 125gr 38 special I had on had.

He selected the 38 and shot 5 rounds. 4 went into the center (inch group) on my 8 inch target at 25 or so feet. I reminded him that while he was a good shot, he was forgetful as this was not a 5 round J frame. He laughed and said he was getting one at his first opportunity. Love at first grip!

I carried on shooting another 20 rounds of 38 special 125gr, and 25 rounds 357, 110 Winchester. I discovered I shoot the gun more accurate and realize less recoil with my holding the gun with the grip lower in my hand. Bottom line, great little gun!
Rangemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #2

Glad you like your new K6S as much I like mine, enjoy it, we are very lucky guys to have one ...
Rangemeister likes this.
TENWOLVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:04 AM   #3

Tenwolves, do you have a decent carry method? I got one of those LARGE IWB for a SP101 and it seems to do okay. I then got the 1791 for an LCR and it seems ok, but having a hard time finding a GOOD fit. I often carry the K6 in my back pocket when walking the neighborhood, but having a hard time finding a fit that I like. I have ordered an Uncle Mikes for Colt Det and waiting on it. Maybe I need to wait it out. I will say that winter carry for me has turned into the K6s affair with some Micro 45 Smith thrown in. Will go look for Speer 135 +p today.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:12 AM   #4

That's a nice looking revolver, I'm glad you're enjoying it.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:07 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Rangemeister View Post
Tenwolves, do you have a decent carry method? I got one of those LARGE IWB for a SP101 and it seems to do okay. I then got the 1791 for an LCR and it seems ok, but having a hard time finding a GOOD fit. I often carry the K6 in my back pocket when walking the neighborhood, but having a hard time finding a fit that I like. I have ordered an Uncle Mikes for Colt Det and waiting on it. Maybe I need to wait it out. I will say that winter carry for me has turned into the K6s affair with some Micro 45 Smith thrown in. Will go look for Speer 135 +p today.

I carry my K6S in a couple ways, actually three ways, the holsters are all DeSantis Gun Leather, two are belt holsters, a Speed holster, and an L-Gate. for inside the waist, a leather one, I'll try to post some photo's when I get a chance, any of these holsters work great..just a heads up, most leather holsters made for the S&W j-frame and Ruger sp101 will fit the K6S, this is some of my small revolver holsters, all but the top left fit my K6S, but the top center and to the left are made for the K6S, my speed holster is still om my belt, the top center is for IWB wear, and I like it, hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15727156_1486823014691150_1697937725060046830_n.jpg (92.7 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by TENWOLVES; 12-31-2016 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #6

Originally Posted by TENWOLVES View Post
I carry my K6S in a couple ways, actually three ways, the holsters are all DeSantis Gun Leather, two are belt holsters, a Speed holster, and an L-Gate. for inside the waist, a leather one, I'll try to post some photo's when I get a chance, any of these holsters work great..just a heads up, most leather holsters made for the S&W j-frame and Ruger sp101 will fit the K6S
Thanks Ten, I did have the DeSantis L Gat. I didn't care much for it. I am finding the J frame holsters a tad small, while K frame a tad large. It seems DeSantis has joined forces with Kimber as the speed stick I got with my K6 is a Desantis instead of the Bianchi and there is a lot of DeSantis gear for the gun out there. I am continuing to use the J frame 1791 holster I posted the pic of. I think the full lug is the biggest reason the J frame holsters seem too small?
Old 12-31-2016, 05:53 AM   #7

Range master I have to agree with you on the L-Gate, I prefer the Speed rig much better, it holds my gun close in to my body but I still have fast access to my gun when needed...
Rangemeister likes this.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #8

Another fun day with the K6s

Weather broke a bit so I took advantage of 64 degree temp and went to the range with the K6. Shot 50 rounds of 38 FMJ and then two cylinders of Speer 135 plus P short barrel. Uneventful I must say, but the +p's were just about right. I had shot 100 rounds of 357 the first few days, but feel the recoil is too much when considering how much a short barrel takes away from the effectiveness of 357 ammo. Tests show the Speer short barrel 38 +p are consistent and more manageable. Gun is still flawless and I am trying an IWB holster I found. Hate metal clips

TenWolves, still looking for suitable gear, bad area here. Have you seen K6s out with more options?
Marshall and TENWOLVES like this.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:18 PM   #9

I haven't Rangemaster, but I'm sure there will be more coming out, all my Ruger SP101 holsters work well, even the kimber holster say they fit the SP101...

Search tags for this page

1791 j hand 38 s&w holster

amazon desantis l'gat kimber k6s

k6s 3 125gr

Click on a term to search for related topics.