New K6s... LOVE IT!!!! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #1

New K6s... LOVE IT!!!!

I have been a Kimber fan for years. My Solo9 DC witj night sights has been my primary CCW for two years, followed by my Micro 380 two tone, and then my Sig Sauer Ultra Carry in two tone.

Anyways... I have wanted a .357 magnum revolver for many years... but instead have always bought .44 mags (since I live and recreate in grizzly country of MT). I've had two Taurus M44s (DAO snubbie in nickel, and blued, ported 4") and my 329PD (WOW... a pleasure to carry and a nightmare to shoot!).

A few weeks ago I stumbled on a nickel-plated S&W 28-2 that was beautiful enough to finally inspire me to get my first .357. I really dig it. But once that domino fell... I finally started seriously looking for a .357 snubbie for CCW. I've wanted a 2" Ruger SP101 and a few S&W snubbies for years, so I started by handling those two at my local Scheel's. I wasn't sure which one to buy so I left the store to ponder it. Then I remembered that they had a couple of K6s' in the display cases. So I went back to handle them. I really wanted an SA/DA snubbie with an exposed hammer, but the first time I pulled the K6s' sweet DA trigger I knew that my search was over. I really didn't want to spend $799, but I had to have this gun!

I have been fondling it non-stop for the past three days. I bought the one with black grips and three-dot sights. The other one had blue grips and no dots, and was $50 more. I would have prefered blue grips, but I wanted the dots and being cheaper didn't hurt either. Not sure why though. I already have DeSantis pocket and Speed Scabbard holsters on the way for it, and bought a pair of Bianchi Speed Strips for it. Have been carrying Hornady Critical Defense FTX .38spcl ammo in it, but also have some heavier .357mag loads for when I'm fishing, hiking, and mountain biking in country here where there are yotes, wolves, and mountain lions... but I'll continue to carry my .44mag 329PD in grizzly country, loaded with 305 grain hardcast. I do have 180 grain .357 hardcast that I shot in the K6s yesterday. It's actually more pleasant to shoot than the 44mag bear loads in the 329. But still... the 329 has a 4" barrel, nearly twice the bullet weight, and is lighter to carry.

Anyways... I ran several loads through the K6s yesterday and loved it. I actually shot more accurately with it than the heavier, longer-barreled S&W 28-2 (in SA or DA mode). The K6s is a KEEPER and may just replace my Solo9 as my primary CCW. I may eventually have to put night sights on the K6s though... as the Solo9 has it beat in that regard.
Red_Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-30-2017, 08:25 PM   #2

Oops... forgot a pic of my new .357 sweeties....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170328_165839_1490927079356.jpg (1.73 MB, 45 views)
Old 03-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #3

That is a very nice looking pair of revolvers you have there! They are so pretty they would look good at my house!
Nellybelle, Hoffbrew and DaveinNC like this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2017, 08:42 PM   #4

Red Label, I love the S&W .357 the jury is still out for me on the K6s still haven't seen one in person.

Picked up this .357 Smith earlier this month.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0308171706.jpg (4.96 MB, 30 views)
Nellybelle, Chuck43 and swca like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Red Label. Good to have another "revolver guy" on board.
Nellybelle, 2sharp2 and Mickey like this.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:32 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Welcome to the forum Red Label. Good to have another "revolver guy" on board.
Thanks! Yeah... despite my .44mags, I wouldn't have described myself as a revolver guy until the past few weeks (as I have dozens of semi-auto handguns). But that seems to be changing for me. I'm starting to feel like wheel guns are closer to being works of art or having a "soul" than semis. It's all so subjective, but I guess if you compare a good steel revolver to an artist's paintbrush, and a polymer-framed semi to an iPad... that's kind of how it feels to me. Both are great tools. But one seems to have some classic mojo and the other doesn't. Obviously, that excludes the timeless designs of John Moses Browning... which I've had plenty of, and still do. So I'd put the 1911 and BHP somewhere between the two in terms of being timeless, classic works of art and/or tools.

I also have a handful of S&W M&P pistols and rifles that are wonderful. If the SHTF... they'd very likely be called into service over the classic designs. But then again... I'd have no qualms about calling my various 1911s, Garand, M1A, HK91, etc into service... including my revolvers.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:37 PM   #7

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Red Label, I love the S&W .357 the jury is still out for me on the K6s still haven't seen one in person.

Picked up this .357 Smith earlier this month.
She's a true beauty!!! Love it!

You really need to lay eyes and hands on the K6s though. She may not be the beauty queen that your S&W is (or my 28-2)... but she's solid, shoots amazingly well, and so far she inspires a lot of confisence in me. Never really thought I'd choose to carry a wheel gun over a semi. It wasn't until the K6s that I ever even considered it.
Mickey likes this.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:39 PM   #8

Originally Posted by swca View Post
That is a very nice looking pair of revolvers you have there! They are so pretty they would look good at my house!
My wife would probably agree with you on them looking good at your house!!! :-D
Old 03-31-2017, 05:30 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Red_Label.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:30 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
She's a true beauty!!! Love it!

You really need to lay eyes and hands on the K6s though. She may not be the beauty queen that your S&W is (or my 28-2)... but she's solid, shoots amazingly well, and so far she inspires a lot of confisence in me. Never really thought I'd choose to carry a wheel gun over a semi. It wasn't until the K6s that I ever even considered it.
If I purchase a K6 it will be the DCR model with the wood grips. Not even seen one of those on GunBroker yet. I have also considered going all out and buying one of the First Edition K6's.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

k6 dcr

k6s cdp forun

k6s love

kimber dcs k6s retailers

kimber k6s quality

three finger grip for kimber k6

Click on a term to search for related topics.