Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By swca
  • 1 Post By Elapid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #1

new K6s owner and have a quick question.

Hi all I'm a new K6s owner love the gun she shoots great. We'll made too and great trigger.

However I have a question though. First is a very and I mean very slight back and forth and side to side movement of the cylinder normal?

As my user name implies I'm not new to revolvers,just Kimber's. I have other revolvers and one a charter bulldog does this while my SP101 does not. So is this normal for the K6s? Thanks. Guys for any info.
wheelgunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois wheelgunguy. I have yet to see a K6 in any of my LGS. If none of our members can answer your question try giving Kimbers customer service a call.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: M—F, 9:30 a.m.—7 p.m. Eastern

How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?
Bigdog likes this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #3

With revolvers that have exposed hammers I was told to hold the hammer back with your thumb and pull on the trigger at the same time then try to wiggle the cylinder.if everything is tight then the timing and everything will be good. Unfortunately that is not going to work with a hammer less revolver. Try calling a local gunsmith and he should be able to tell you over the phone how to tell what is considered excessive or how to check it.
Holster likes this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2017, 04:01 AM   #4

Welcome from Northeast, Pa.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #5

I just checked mine that had about 500 rounds through it and it does have a tiny bit back and forth and an almost imperceptible amount font to back. Go shoot your gun. Sometimes we over think the manufacturing process. Mine has been a joy to carry and shoot. All my other Smith snubbies have been given to my kids or reside in the back of my safe. (secretly though I still really love my 3" SP101 with a really great trigger job.)
340pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #6

Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
I just checked mine that had about 500 rounds through it and it does have a tiny bit back and forth and an almost imperceptible amount font to back. Go shoot your gun. Sometimes we over think the manufacturing process. Mine has been a joy to carry and shoot. All my other Smith snubbies have been given to my kids or reside in the back of my safe. (secretly though I still really love my 3" SP101 with a really great trigger job.)
So much for keeping a secret! Now I know and I am going to tell everybody on the forum! Wait a minute I am to late you already did. Glad to hear you guys like your K6's. I do like the way they look. I have not shot one or any other snubby with in a magnum caliber.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #7

Thanks guys for the replies. Like I said in my OP it's very minimal it's just this being a new revolver and slightly different design I was wondering was all.
wheelgunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #8

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone has done any trigger jobs on their k6s. I'm new to the forum and haven't found anything on the topic Thanks Tinman768
Tinman768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #9

My Colt snake guns have a slight movement, they use a breech cone at the breech of the barrel for this.
Jflytle likes this.
Elapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #10

My K6S has very slight movement, no more than my other revolvers. When in doubt, get a gunsmith to check it before you contact Kimber. I had a smith check my first-ever handgun, a Taurus 85, for off-center strikes. 2000 rounds and 20 years later, it's still a fine shooter for a Taurus. Actually got lighter on the trigger and smoother too, over time.
Old School Wheelgunner is offline   Reply With Quote