Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By PaulWVa
  • 1 Post By starnovi
  • 1 Post By PaulWVa
  • 2 Post By starnovi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #1

K6S on the range Part 2

After my Thursday range trip I talked to my friend John and he wanted to try my new stuff. I thinking great ...another set of eyes and hands for more comparisons. So we got together on his property Sat for another range day ...woohoo!..twice in one week!

I brought the same revolvers from Thurs. and added my Kimber T2, 9mm and my Sig Sauer 320 sub compact. John is experience with handguns and brought his 686, 6", Power Port, his Sig Sauer 320 RX, and his Colt Commander .45

Again ...paper at 10yrd....steel at 15. John had never shot the K6, my 686 or the T2. Four hours and hundreds of rounds later we came to the following agreed conclusions.

One gun for all ranges and ammo ...The 686s won hands down. They shoot all ammo regardless of bullet size, speed or distance and shoots them all on target ...no contest.

Followed closely by the RX and T2 9mms. The Kimber T2 won the day as the most accurate gun on the range...period. Pick it up ...hit target. The RX with the Romeo 1, red dot was probably the most fun.

For self defense, EDC....Again it was No Contest...the Sig 9mm, Sub-compact won going away and laughing at the competition. Carrying 12+1 or 15+1, fiber optic /night sights, and the most accurate of the small carry guns by a huge margin. The J frame with .38 +Ps came in second over the K6 with .357 mags. If you put .38s in the K6 it is more manageable, and you get the extra round but at more carry weight. Yes the .357 is more powerful but much harder to shoot accurately at speed.

Just a two man, two day. 1000 round shoot off. Take from it what you will.
2sharp2, JC45, Cybercycle and 1 others like this.

Last edited by PaulWVa; 04-21-2018 at 08:44 AM.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #2

Sounds like a fun day in the great outdoors! Lucky man! That outdoor range you were at the other day looked really nice!
PaulWVa likes this.

Last edited by starnovi; 08-06-2017 at 07:25 PM.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #3

Originally Posted by starnovi View Post
Sounds like a fun day in the great outdoors! Lucky man! That outdoor range you were at the other day looked really nice!
The range is a public range in Kanawha State Forest. It gets a fair amount of use both good and bad as you would expect from a public range. The park service does most of the clean up and maintenance, with some help from the shooters.

It's been there since the late 70s and my friends and I would go there and spend the day with .22 rifles from day one. I shoot here regularly. It's right at 20 mile drive with most of it Interstate the rest two-lane. Not a bad drive at all.
starnovi likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #4

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that it's a public range. I've only been to 1 outdoor range, it was a private club and was not as well maintained as your public range! We used to live on 15 acres & had our own little range out back. Miss it now.
PaulWVa and CDR_Glock like this.
starnovi is offline   Reply With Quote