K6S owners opinion - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2017, 06:45 AM   #1

K6S owners opinion

Hello from Ohio. I have recently joined (yesterday) the forum because I have been lurking for a bit and reading your posts about the K6. I am in the market for another revolver as I have a couple J frames that I like. I was looking at the 640 Pro and discovered the K6 and it intrigued me due to the trigger and the 6th round. The more I compared the 2 revolvers on info that I located, I could not find very much negative things about the K6 except the price and 1 year warranty, as the fact that the K6 has a very nice trigger and the 6th round is so appealing to me right out of the box. I cannot say that regarding triggers when you get a S&W as they are hit and miss at best even when you get a performance gun from them. And that leads me not to want to buy a 640 Pro as there are none around here to even hold/touch making me not want to order an unseen gun and then be disappointed.

I have held 3 different k6's so far at my local stores and all of them were very nice, especially trigger wise! I posed a question on the S&W forum about which to get, another 642 PC, 640 Pro or the K6 and of course most sided with the S&W's but there are a few guys that have the K6 and really like them. I realize that was a S&W forum and what I was going to get but one poster said to check out the Kimber Forum and just see how many issues the K6 was having, so I did. Yesterday I spent hours checking out all of the posts in this forum and really there does not seem to be that many guys having an issue with theirs. Of course there are a few things that guys seemed to be having issues with but all in all, most of you guys really seem to like your K6's. What really did it for me was there seemed to be only 1 used one in the gun for sale forum for the last year, which seems to me to mean that you guys are liking this gun. I hope I did not miss any but I thought I only saw one for sale in the gun for sale forum on this site.

Enough of my rant, now on to the reason I posted. I would like to hear from as many of you as I can on how you REALLY like your K6's now that they have been out for awhile and also is there anything that I should be checking on one of them if I buy one. Any negative feedback would be greatly appreciated on issues that you had, if you had to send yours back to Kimber for repair then for what and how Kimber took care of it. I actually called Kimber yesterday reference the 1 year warranty issue and the guy said that was correct but they would take care of most issues of a defect in nature to the gun throughout the lifetime of the gun to the original owner. That was a little comforting but does that mean they will repair it anytime I need something done due to breakage or are they just pacifying me to get a sale and would say it was my fault. I am an officer and would be using this as an off duty (sometime back up) gun and be carrying it aiwb. That is where I carry my 642 PC gun now. That is why I really like the 6th round as that is what I would be using the gun for. The extra weight is a plus for me on follow up shots and capability to step up to 357 if I ever wanted to. Looking forward to your posts and hearing what you guys really think of this neat J frame looking gun. Thanks again and sorry for the rant, long post but I am really interested in this gun and at the price point they are at i want to know the truth!...

Last edited by Eagle1*; 10-25-2017 at 06:57 AM.
Eagle1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-25-2017, 07:01 AM   #2
Super Moderator

I'm not a K6 owner but would like to say something about Kimbers warranty. Yes their written warranty is 1 year but their customer service is known to go way beyond that. I have a friend that bought a second hand, roughly treated Kimber from someone. He sent the gun in for a minor problem he was having it. About 3 months later the gun was returned, repaired and completely refinished (something he didn't request) looking like new...... no charge.
BWozn14k and cnutco like this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:53 AM   #3

thanks for the info...

Old 10-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #4

I agree with Chuck, I don't own a K6 either but feel certain Kimber will correct any problems you "might" have with it no matter if it is 10 months or 10 years old.

When I held one at Bass Pro, I didn't like the way it felt in my hand but that's all on me. I knew I was not going to buy it so I didn't ask the sales dude to remove the store trigger lock but feel sure the trigger would be fine. There are several different "sights" available on the K6S be sure what you want and what you are buying. I would probably want night sights but that's just me.
Chuck43 likes this.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:15 PM   #5

Well I went today and rented one from the local range. Pics below are what I did. The K6 was the chest shots and my 642pc was the head shots at 7 yards. I really liked the Kimber. The other target was shot at 15 and 25 yards with the Kimber. Lines through the shots were the 15 yard shots and the circles were at 25 yards non supported. Needless to say I bought one today with night sights because I was so impressed. Got a great deal on it to boot. My 642PC is pictured with the range gun I rented. Looking forward to getting this new gun broke in....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K6 with 642 pc at range.jpg (319.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg K6 and 642 shots at 7 yards at point blank.jpg (163.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg K6 shots at 15 and 25 yards.jpg (157.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Nice shooting Eagle1*.
2sharp2 likes this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:39 PM   #7

Congrats on your new K6 and as Chuck stated, "Nice shootin"
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:01 PM   #8

Congrats on the new K6, looks like the rental K6 had a pretty good grouping.

Must be a really nice range to "rent" a K6S, my range rents pistols but not any really nice models.
Marshall likes this.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:25 PM   #9

Congrats on your K6 and great shooting! We were able to try out a K6 a friend had and both really enjoyed it. Hope you love yours as much as our friend loves his. Be sure to give us a range report when you get yours to the range.
Elf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:26 PM   #10

Welcome Eagle. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new K6. I'm a big fan of snubbie revolvers and .38/.357 ammo. I was going to recommend you get the night sights or fiber optic. I have the all black and I'm just waiting until I can get something else ...anything else. I've changed out the stock rubber grips for dark walnut, Altamont Boot Grips. They have a better feel and are way better looking.

The extra round is a nice plus but all things considered I prefer my S&W 642 PC Airweight Centennial for EDC. The 642 is easier to carry and shoots the .38 +Ps just fine. However I wouldn't hesitate to bring the K6s along in any situation ... a powerhouse in a small package. The K6s is a special addition to any hand gunners collection. Enjoy!
OldScout^06 likes this.

Last edited by PaulWVa; 04-21-2018 at 08:44 AM.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

how heavy is the trigger on a k6s

k6s complaints

kimber k6 ccw forum

kimber revolver negative feedback

kimber revolvers forums/reviews

s&w 640 pro vs kimber k6s

Click on a term to search for related topics.