How many rounds and favorite ammo - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2017, 09:02 PM   #1

How many rounds and favorite ammo

After making a firearm purchase at the local shop the other day I noticed a K6s in the display case away from the revolver section. Needless to say I was surprised and had been looking for one for quite some time. The brushed stainless with 3 large white dots and the crimson trace grips (lazerless version) is now in layaway.

One question while I impatiently save my pennies is how many rounds have you put through your K6s since you purchased it, and what is your favorite ammo for this firearm?

Thanks,
Doug

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
djcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #2

Djcomm, welcome to the site from Tennessee. Can't help with question don't own a K6S.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:09 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois djcomm, sorry I'm not a K6 owner either but they'll be along.

How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?

Old 12-03-2017, 05:57 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum from Ohio!
djcomm likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:54 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois djcomm, sorry I'm not a K6 owner either but they'll be along.

How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?
Will do!

Chuck43 likes this.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #6

Mine has 500-1000 rounds thru it and as a range officer I have fired it with a wide variety of factory ammo but mostly my 125 gr. plated Berrys handloads with Unique as the propellant. No problems with anything. I will note I shoot no lead rounds. Only copper or copper plated. I am done scrubbing lead from the barrel of any firearm I own.
Note different wt. bullets will change your point of impact a bit. If you are not into handloading you will find most commercial loads to be using 158gr. and they will serve you well.
Congratulations on your new K6s. It has replaced every other snubbie as my primary carry revolver.
swca, djcomm and OldScout^06 like this.
340pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:56 PM   #7

Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
Mine has 500-1000 rounds thru it and as a range officer I have fired it with a wide variety of factory ammo but mostly my 125 gr. plated Berrys handloads with Unique as the propellant. No problems with anything. I will note I shoot no lead rounds. Only copper or copper plated. I am done scrubbing lead from the barrel of any firearm I own.
Note different wt. bullets will change your point of impact a bit. If you are not into handloading you will find most commercial loads to be using 158gr. and they will serve you well.
Congratulations on your new K6s. It has replaced every other snubbie as my primary carry revolver.
Hey 340pd,

I am excited to bring it home soon. I have always been and will always be a wheelgun fanatic. I have sought after the perfect carry revolver but usually wind up back to my Xds 45 semi-auto. I have the light weights and they make it with me at times but my favorite carry revolver is the SP101. I like a little weight with a high power revolver. I hope the K6s will ultimately become my everyday gun after getting some time in behind the wheel. I handload for .357, .45acp, .308, and .223.

Thanks for the info. That will be very helpful at the press.
Doug

Old 12-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #8

I bought my K6 last summer and have fired a couple a hundred of my pet .38 hand loads through it for practice and learning the DAO trigger.

I've also fired several of the new factory defensive loads in both .38 and .357. My favorite in both calibers is Liberty Civil Defense with the high speed 50 grn bullets. The light bullets make for lighter carry and lighter recoil. And man are they destructive on anything they hit.
djcomm likes this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #9

Paul - Have you had any issues with the extractor mechanism not seating back properly into the cylinder?

Semper Fi

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP
Kimber Stainless Micro 9mm
Old Timer 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:40 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Old Timer 57 View Post
Paul - Have you had any issues with the extractor mechanism not seating back properly into the cylinder?
No not so far. My only issue has been a spent case hanging against the frame during speed load practice. That and the invisible all black front sight on mine.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote