No Dot Sights? - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Marshall
  • 1 Post By Marshall
  • 1 Post By cal45
  • 1 Post By cal45
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
Member
 
cal45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Orlando/Flagler Beach
Posts: 57
No Dot Sights?

Just off the phone with one of my local shops. They have a K6s with no dot sights? As they are closing now, I plan to be there when they open in the morning to check it out in person.

Anyone here know how old this gun may be as Kimber's web site does not show this available on the K6s now.

Thanks
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
The K6 was introduced at the 2016 Shot Show in Vegas so this is the third year that they have been selling them.
2sharp2 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
If it's not a 3 dot sight setup it's more than likely a first edition model that has a standard ramped front sight and a low-profile rear sight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kimber-k6s-3.jpg (2.09 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg kimber-k6s-revolver-1.jpg (34.7 KB, 4 views)
2sharp2 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #4
Member
 
cal45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Orlando/Flagler Beach
Posts: 57
Thanks, Marshall. Do you know if any other changes were made from the first edition besides sight, grip and finish options. Guess I'm wondering if there were any known "issues" with the first editions that were corrected in subsequent releases?
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Thanks, Marshall. Do you know if any other changes were made from the first edition besides sight, grip and finish options. Guess I'm wondering if there were any known "issues" with the first editions that were corrected in subsequent releases?
There were a few here on KT that had issues with theirs, so check out the threads in the Kimber Revolver section and see how those issues were resolved.

Kimber Revolver Forum - Kimber Forum
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
Member
 
cal45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Orlando/Flagler Beach
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
There were a few here on KT that had issues with theirs, so check out the threads in the Kimber Revolver section and see how those issues were resolved.

Kimber Revolver Forum - Kimber Forum
LOL - Thanks...we are in that section.
Looking to see if Kimber made any manufacturing changes (that they admitted to)? .....not too worried about any one-offs that they may have corrected for their customer.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:36 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,290
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
LOL - Thanks...we are in that section.
Looking to see if Kimber made any manufacturing changes (that they admitted to)? .....not too worried about any one-offs that they may have corrected for their customer.
They did go to a 3" model if that counts....

Since I love revolvers I said that I would try one some day when the prices came down or people started selling them off. I watch Armslist daily and I see more and more of them weekly with some going as low as $520.

https://www.armslist.com/classifieds...num&tag=kimber
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #8
Member
 
cal45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Orlando/Flagler Beach
Posts: 57
Thanks, Marshall - appreciate the info. I'll post up a new thread if anything comes of my visit to my local shop tomorrow.
Marshall likes this.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,304
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
They did go to a 3" model if that counts....

Since I love revolvers I said that I would try one some day when the prices came down or people started selling them off. I watch Armslist daily and I see more and more of them weekly with some going as low as $520.

https://www.armslist.com/classifieds...num&tag=kimber

On Tennessee Armslist Chattanooga area does not list much stuff, all the Tennessee good items are overpriced and seem to show up in Knoxville or Nashville which I would make the drive if the item and price was right.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:03 PM   #10
Member
 
cal45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Orlando/Flagler Beach
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Thanks, Marshall - appreciate the info. I'll post up a new thread if anything comes of my visit to my local shop tomorrow.
Shop has two K6s revolvers in stock. One appears to be an early edition one with low level black (no dots) sights. Rubber grip also looks greyish blue. The other one looks like a more current edition with the 3 dot sights and black rubber grips. No deal made as they really low balled my trade (which I figured they would do but gave it a try anyway).
Marshall likes this.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hawke Endurance 4-16x50 LR DOT #16250 Reduced to only $219.99 gr8fuldoug Camera Land 0 12-26-2017 03:44 PM
Adjustable rear sights, and using red dot style optics in your Kimber. CannonDale45 Kimber Talk 1 12-22-2017 06:00 AM
How to hold bar and dot sights 19trax95 Kimber 1911 Forum 7 06-19-2017 09:57 AM
Meprolight vs Heinie Sights ponti33602 Kimber Micro 9 Forum 13 05-12-2017 11:16 AM
Iron sights ? Joesmoe3 Kimber Rifles Forum 4 09-14-2016 02:49 PM