08-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Join Date: Jan 2014
Originally Posted by Speederlander
I am seriously considering a pair of K6S revolvers but I have some questions if any owners or other knowledgeable people could help.
1. Is there a difference in triggers between the models? Specifically is the K6S CDP supposed to be a step above the other models trigger-wise? I read somewhere it was supposed to be a further improvement/refinement of the baseline K6S trigger.
2. The trigger is already generally good but do people see added improvement with significant use/dry-firing?
3. How is reliability? I tend to dry-fire a LOT. I will almost exclusively shoot 38 special with this gun, not full house magnums. Does it hold up to heavy (repeated) use? As an example, I recently had 800 live rounds through a new 1911 the first weekend I owned it. I'm sure these would not be quite that heavy, but since they would be EDC, I will dry fire the living hell out of them as well as getting regular range time. No broken firing pins or other issues? They hold up?
4. In the event there is a problem, how is Kimber service and turn-around? Is the warranty lifetime?
5. Does CT have a green laser grip boot grip or even full-sized grip for these yet?
6. Are there any custom options from Kimber beyond sights and grips?
Speederlander, welcome to the site from Tennessee. I don't own a K6S. I did hold one in my hand for a long time at Bass Pro Shop trying to at least like the way it felt in my hand enough to buy it...didn't happen. Your mileage may vary. Here's what I know.
1. Not heard of any trigger difference. I'm sure there would be difference from revolver to revolver but not on purpose.
2. I don't know.
3. Some owners reported a few problems when the K6 first hit the market but not so much lately.
4. No worries Kimber customer service is First Rate!!!
5. No Green laser. I would prefer green also. It's a proven fact green laser is more visible to the eye. I can see it way better but I have old eyes.
6. Custom options, I don't think so.
The Kimber Family
CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger