Fiber optic sight set for 3" model - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2018, 07:13 PM   #1

Fiber optic sight set for 3" model

I know that Kimber advertises that all sight (sets) for the K6S will fit any model K6S. But, will they work if mixed? For example, I like the two white dot rear on the 3" gun, but I really want a fiber optic front sight. Are all of the rear sights the same height, with the same notch depth? What about the front sights? All the same height?
I am planning on ordering the basic rubber grips and the FO sight set. But I would prefer to use the white dot rear, with the FO front.
Maybe I'll shoot Kimber an email, and ask them.

Thanks.
Ceapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2018, 07:29 AM   #2

Report back on what you find. I am also curious about mixing and matching their sights.
Old School Wheelgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:25 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Old School Wheelgunner View Post
Report back on what you find. I am also curious about mixing and matching their sights.
I contacted Kimber customer service last Thursday. I was told with a (suspiciously) quick reply, that yes, the sights are all the same height. Not trying to be a “glass half empty” kind of guy here, but I may call and ask to speak to a gunsmith/tech this coming week. I just want to be sure is all.
Ceapea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2018, 05:04 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Ceapea View Post
I contacted Kimber customer service last Thursday. I was told with a (suspiciously) quick reply, that yes, the sights are all the same height. Not trying to be a “glass half empty” kind of guy here, but I may call and ask to speak to a gunsmith/tech this coming week. I just want to be sure is all.
I hope that the fronts are shorter than the black ramp. Let us know about the sight picture when you get it set up.

Yesterday I filed down my front sight until POA matched POI. It was about .01” too tall. Shoots great now.
Old School Wheelgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #5

So it sounds like different height front sights are not available? That's a disappointment. Hopefully that change over time.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote