K6S sight question - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2018, 07:13 AM   #1

K6S sight question

I have a new to me K6S that I purchased at a gun show. It was flawless, one of the first 7000 made, with all of its original materials and it appeared barely shot. It is my CCW pocket gun now.

I’ve taken it to the range twice and put about 200 rounds down the pipe. The only question I have about the gun is the front black ramp. It appears to be too tall, and POI will fall well below POA even at 5 yards, if I adopt a traditional sight picture.

When I raise the front ramp to hit POA, the top of the ramp sits well above what I do with my other revolvers. I think I will replace it with a FO front, but what have others here experienced? Is that sort of tall ramp common on early K6S guns? I suspect that the original owner could not hit the broadside of a barn and decided to get rid of the gun. I got a heck of a deal on it. Once I adjust my aim, it is the finest short barrel revolver I have ever shot. Kudos to Grant Cunningham.

I will take a file to the front ramp next time, on the off chance that I keep the current set up in place.
Old School Wheelgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #2

I have an early K6s with the three dot sights and find it also shoots a bit low. I have adopted a slightly different sight picture with the dots and that system works just fine for me.

340pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:12 PM   #3

Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
I have an early K6s with the three dot sights and find it also shoots a bit low. I have adopted a slightly different sight picture with the dots and that system works just fine for me.
I'm glad that works for you. But I shoot three other wheel guns and this would then be the outlier. I want to have the same drill for every gun I own, so I don't waste precious time in an emergency.

Thus, after removing a bit from the top of the front sight, it shot to POA at 15 and 20 feet. Sight picture is now the same as for my other revolvers. That's all I want out of this gun. Not sure about switching to a Fiber Optic sight now or tritium. Are they any shorter than the original stock ramps?

Last edited by Old School Wheelgunner; 10-10-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old School Wheelgunner is offline   Reply With Quote