All who tried failed - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 06:30 PM   #1
zxc

All who tried failed

Hit a 10in target at 25 yards that is...I recently bought a 3in K6 for my winter time CC gun,the 3in for the little extra velocity and sight radius.
Took 3 different weights of 357 ammo and some 38+p I had laying around to the local range and was anticipating having some good ol gun fun.
But it was not to be,no matter who tried the K6 it shot over a foot low.I left the range disheartened and while every one there oohhed and aahhed over the slick action as well as the fit and finish,their smirks told an entirely different story. . .
Has anyone else here had this issue and if so how can I fix it----Thanks in advance..........ZX
zxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-04-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois zxc. Your gun has a warranty, give Kimbers customer service a call tomorrow morning and explain the problem you're having with them.

Customer Service
Toll-Free: (888) 243-4522
Hours: MF, 9:30 a.m.7 p.m. Eastern

How about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership?
zxc likes this.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
zxc

Thanks for the quick reply Chuck43 and the contact info--

Old 11-05-2018, 04:01 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. I can barely see a 10" target at 25 yards, I'm not sure how I'd do trying to hit it with a 3" barrel.
bigdog10 and wfm like this.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:35 AM   #5

zxc welcome from NY. how did it shoot at seven yards? was it any better..
wfm likes this.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #6

Trying to hit any size target at 25 yrds with a DAO revolver is not easy. Your K6 was not meant for this. It's much more of a 7-10 yrd combat gun not a target gun. I doubt there is anything really wrong with your gun. Trying to hold 3" fixed sights with all the movement of DA, at this range is asking a lot, especially from a new gun.

Now take my (really well broken in) 3" S&W M-13 I can stay on 4" plates at 25 yds. but it has a clean 3.5 lb. single action trigger. And even though it too has fixed sights it is much easier to shoot at distance because of the better trigger. For shooting DA I bring the targets in much closer.

Just an opinion from a long time revolver shooter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0027.JPG (843.6 KB, 7 views)
Tejun and DaveinNC like this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #7

Originally Posted by PaulWVa View Post
Trying to hit any size target at 25 yrds with a DAO revolver is not easy. Your K6 was not meant for this. It's much more of a 7-10 yrd combat gun not a target gun. I doubt there is anything really wrong with your gun. Trying to hold 3" fixed sights with all the movement of DA, at this range is asking a lot, especially from a new gun.

Now take my (really well broken in) 3" S&W M-13 I can stay on 4" plates at 25 yds. but it has a clean 3.5 lb. single action trigger. And even though it too has fixed sights it is much easier to shoot at distance because of the better trigger. For shooting DA I bring the targets in much closer.

Just an opinion from a long time revolver shooter.
It's not easy but It can be done. I think the OP is signaling the sights are not regulated well enough.

Hopefully Kimber is producing front sights of different heights for the K6 so the sights can be regulated for different preferences, distances and loads.

Any advantage the K6 has over guns like the Smith Model 10,13,64,... Is it comes with sights that are more easily replaced. Hopefully Kimber has different height sights available to take advantage of this.

I'd be interested to hear what Kimber says about this.

Regards.
zxc likes this.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
zxc

I'm also a long time revolver shooter and when I can bang steel at 25yds with my wifes 2in Taurus DAO 38 with its gritty trigger,then doing the same with the K6 after a couple of outings and a couple hundred rounds,with its smooth trigger that is quite easy to stage to a single action break should be doable on a regular basis---Here's the jist guys,if I can't hit the same target that I can hit with my micro 9 on a calm relaxing afternoon at the outdoor range,then I might as well carry a brick for when the adrenaline is pumping at 7-10 yds ----

Called Kimber--2 to 3 week turnaround to have their gun guru's work it out--It's going back--And JBear I'm sorry to hear that your eyesight is failing------ZX
Old 11-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #9

I agree Jim, it can be done. But I've seen nothing on Kimbers site offering sights. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask but I'll bet you a box of Krispy Creams they tell you the same thing the sights that come with the gun are fine for it's intended purpose, which is self defense. (25 yrds is not self defense it's retribution, lol)

I would suggest if you want to shoot at 25yrd targets you get a 4,5 or 6" S&W 686 with adjustable sights a longer sight radius and SA/DA trigger.. On my last range trip we destroyed a 3" swinger at 25yds with my 5" 686. 10" plates would get boring fast.

I did see a guy shoot an NRA Silhouette match (100yrd) with a Gold Cup once not exactly what it was designed for but he was pretty good at it.
Chuck43 and 2sharp2 like this.
PaulWVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #10

I hear you Paul. I understand the gun is not set up as a bullseye pistol. Still, a handgun that shoots more than a foot low at 25 yards could use some help. A good double action shooter should be able to make that shot -- at least sometimes.

Hopefully Kimber or a third party will offer different height front sights in the future.

Maybe it's a bit of a luxury but it sure can't hurt to have your firearm hit close to point of aim out to 25 yards.
zxc likes this.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote