Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By dontcatchmany
  • 3 Post By BobHyatt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2019, 04:34 PM   #1

K6S Rear Sight Set Screw

Dummy me. I was attempting to drift adjust the rear sight on my K6S and dropped the set screw. Can not find it.

Does anyone know what size they are or where to get a replacement....or several...lol?
dontcatchmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #2

Call Kimber or carefully try a few various standard threaded bolts. Don't force anything.
340pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Super Moderator

I can't help you with the screw size but I've done something like that too many times. I finally wised up and bought a magnet on a telescoping pole for about $12.00 at a local home center store. It's saved my eyesight, knees and ass many times over.

Chuck43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2019, 06:00 AM   #4

Could not find a set screw locally so called Kimber and they promptly sent me "some" (feels like three in the package). Have not had time to try to lose another one...lol!

Chuck43, great idea....might find a couple of other items I have "lost in the carpet".

Thanks!
OldScout^06 likes this.
dontcatchmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #5

I had a friend that was in the roofing business for years. Finally retired a few years ago. He had 3-4 magnetic devices they used to sweep around a house after removing old shingles to extract the ugly steel nails used to hold tar paper down. The magnet is about 24" long and the thing has two wheels and a handle sort of like a lawn mower. It is amazing how far a tiny screw, or nut, or spring can bounce. It usually finds them. I have had several handheld wands for years, can't count the number of times I have dropped a socket or bolt into a place I could not possibly reach by hand without hours of parts removal effort. Well worth the minimalist cost involved.

Just remember that stainless and aluminum are non-ferrous and aren't attracted. So they don't always work. I have even carefully cleaned my shop vac and then used that to locate a tiny part here and there...
BobHyatt is offline   Reply With Quote