Good luck with Tuff Quickstrip Loader - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 340pd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #1

Good luck with Tuff Quickstrip Loader

I pocket carry my K6S, and I'm not a big fan of speedloaders, though I own a couple for my house guns.

For the Kimber, I've been training with the speed strip that came with the gun, but I like the process of having a space between pairs of rounds. That limits the 6-round strip to 4 rounds.

So I found these 8-round strips from Tuff:

7002 QuickStrips- Black 2 Set - TUFF Products

They carry flat in a pocket, though I've ordered a Simply Rugged carry pouch for my belt. Rob, the founder of Simply Rugged, states it will hold two 8-round strips. We'll see. Tuff does make a nylon carrier, but I really like the leather products from SR.

Training with all of that gear now, while keeping my eyes downrange and using the support-hand to hold the gun. The strips work great. Anyone else have any speed/quick strip reloading tips?
Old School Wheelgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-21-2019, 09:24 AM   #2

Kind of expensive. There are various models and brands on Amazon. Lot cheaper even as prime delivered. If you are a fan of Amazon, check them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:10 PM   #3

I use Bianchi speed strips loaded with 5 rounds staged 3 and then 2 rounds which allows me to place a finger between the space. "In the olden days" speed strips were designed for topping off your revolver and keeping your ammo contained in a flat configuration while in your pocket. The Bianchi brand may or may not cost more but they work and considering I only need a handful I am going with that brand.

bhunted and JMag1 like this.
340pd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2019, 07:13 PM   #4

Have the same ones....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #5

I use them with a S&W Model 60 Pro occasionally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S&W Model 60 Pro.jpg (759.4 KB, 8 views)
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #6

My wife and I have two J-frame Smiths. I don't know how many speed-strips and HKS 5-shot speed-loaders we have.

I'm surprised the new strips are marketed by Tuff. I also believe my older loaders are also Bianchi, that is who provides my holsters, as well.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #7

Carrying my Tuff Quickstrip today inside the Simply Rugged pouch. I decided to see how the pouch and strip would ride around in my pocket, while working in our woods today. That's a good option for CC use if you don't want a pouch visible on your belt.

Usually for such jobs I tote my GP100, but today I put the K6S in the Ruger's full-flap holster, strong side. Fits properly around the cylinder, and you don't even know it's there. We'll see if any rounds pop out of the Quickstrip when the pouch moves around.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #8

I have a bunch of these strips & I will comment on the quality of each.

First is the BIANCHI speed strip. They are very easy to load. The material they're made of is very flexible & soft.

Second is the QUICKSTRIP. These are worthless when cold. The material is very stiff, & you could almost hurt yourself trying to get the rounds in the groove.

These strips are a good idea if you carry a revolver. Better than loose rounds in a pocket. Much more compact than a speed loader. But a waste of time at the range.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:13 PM   #9

Originally Posted by DEVILDOG View Post
First is the BIANCHI speed strip. They are very easy to load. The material they're made of is very flexible & soft.

Second is the QUICKSTRIP. These are worthless when cold. The material is very stiff, & you could almost hurt yourself trying to get the rounds in the groove.
Even in the cold weather today, the Quickstrips remained as flexible as the Bianchi that came with my K6S. Maybe Tuff got complaints and improved the material? I find no difference between the two products, but Tuff has that 8-round strip. If Bianchi has one, I'll get a few and try them too.