Poor customer service - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2019, 06:12 PM   #1

Poor customer service

After having fiber optic sights installed on my k6s it was shooting significantly low. Kimber paid for shipping to inspect the firearm and quickly shipped it back. Having done nothing but measure the front sight and test fire it was returned to me stating that no problem exists. I took it to the range and still shot low groups. Two range employees fired it as shot the same low groups. I called kimber and was told that there is nothing more they can do. It is "within specifications". The suggestion that they had made a mistake is examining my firearm was quickly dismissed. I was told that it must be my shooting. I admit that I am not perfect and have now had 3 range employees shoot the same low groups I have. A supervisor at kimber told me the only way they will do anything more is I'd I video the gun being fired and send pictures of the targets. This is the most absurd request ivd ever gotten from a customer service representative. Nevertheless I returned to the range, bought 4 kinds of ammo, 3 different weight 357 and one 38 special. I videoed a very competent revolver shooter shooting the same low groups that all other shooters have shot. I then had another employee for the revolver and took pictures. I then fired it myself and took picture. All targets show low bullet groups at 7 yards. Anywhere from 2 to 4 inches low depending on the load used. I do hope that this will satisfy kimber and they will put my gun right...but based on their lack of receptiveness at accepting any responsibility so far I highly doubt it.
Lousywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-26-2019, 07:02 PM   #2

I don't have a popcorn emoji thing but the popcorn is ready! This should be good.
Tejun, 340pd, chambh and 1 others like this.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #3

here ya go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2sharp2, Tejun and wayne like this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #4
wfm

I have a Ruger .357 that I always shoot 2 or 3 inches low at 7 yards if I aim dead center, so I always aim a little high and it works out pretty well. I think I might call Ruger and raise hell.
bigdog10 likes this.
wfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:08 PM   #5

What point of aim are you using?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7D45993A-1537-4534-8387-12A5CCEC222F_1553655997089.jpeg (89.2 KB, 12 views)
Holster likes this.
46QJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #6
wfm

Similar to image 3, just not that high.
wfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:23 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Lousywings View Post
After having fiber optic sights installed on my k6s it was shooting significantly low.
At seven yards, I'd expect any gun to shoot low. It's REALLY close. Where does the gun shoot at 25 yards? 50 yards?
Chuck43, 46QJI and Rick in Oregon like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:58 PM   #8

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
At seven yards, I'd expect any gun to shoot low. It's REALLY close. Where does the gun shoot at 25 yards? 50 yards?
This is a good point as well. Different distances, as well as different loads, obviously will have an effect on POA/POI. Could try asking customer service what POA/POI the sights are setup for, and at what distance?

Last edited by 46QJI; 03-26-2019 at 10:02 PM.
46QJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:38 AM   #9

And see if they can tell you what load its regulated for, and the distance. Id be a interested to know.

Good luck.
Super Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:24 AM   #10

As far as sight picture, number 2. I don't like 6 o clock holds, but I can see why you asked. That would've been an easy fix Haha. Image 3 is....well, just plain wrong imo.
7 yards is close yes. But with a 2 inch barrel revolver...that's a reasonable range.
Finally, about asking kimber what the poa/poi set up is. They sent me a test target labeled at 7 yards, 158 gr sjhp buffalo .357.
So if poa/poi is indeed set for much longer than 7 yards, I would expect their target group to be low also. Not the case.
But thank you all for the suggestions, I truly appreciate everybody's desire to help. The kimbertalk forum has proven to be a great resource, even in kimber themselves have not.
Lousywings is offline   Reply With Quote