Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Old School Wheelgunner
  • 1 Post By 340pd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2019, 06:51 PM   #1

And then...I reached for the Dremel

Many of you reported how your K6Ses shoot low when compared to POA.

I've had this issue with 125gr and 158gr bullets. My gun is a very early issue black-ramp model. I have stuck with it because the thing has such a nice balance and perfect trigger. It's now about the 1K round mark, since August 2018. I shoot a few Magnum reloads for fun, but I train with .38 handloads or factory +p rounds.

So over time I've removed tiny bits of metal from the front sight, shot, removed more.

Today I got it right. I'm no competitive shooter but these two groups were shot offhand at my favored range for SD shooting with a snub: 15 feet for the bottom group (125 gr FP reloads) and 20 for the top group (including the two bullseyes) with Hornady Critical Defense +p HP, my carry ammo.

It does confuse me that Kimber, building a high-end gun, has a sight picture unlike my fixed-sight Taurus 85 or S&W 64. They always shoot to POA.

How many of you have had this experience of your Kimber K6S shooting low? And does the sight picture improve with the tritium front sight or is that sight also too tall?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3016.JPG (771.0 KB, 10 views)
Old School Wheelgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-29-2019, 07:01 PM   #2

I'd say you got it dialed in. Good shooting.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #3

Mine also shoots low and a bit right at 30'. To correct this I just run the front sight up a bit in my sight picture. I don't consider this to be a target gun so simple alterations in my sight picture are now second nature. I would also like the rear sight to be moved a bit to the left but after pounding on it to no avail, I just make a small "Kentucky windage" sight alteration.
Bigdog likes this.
340pd is offline   Reply With Quote