CT Laser Grips Do Not Fit Kimber K6s DASA Models - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Advertise

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2019, 05:27 PM   #1

CT Laser Grips Do Not Fit Kimber K6s DASA Models

Purchased a New Kimber K6s DASA 2" model with the intention of outfitting it with the Rosewood CT Laser Grips. Was very disappointed to discover the CT Laser Grips do not fit the new DASA Models. Kimber should make note of this in the description of the new DASA models. If I had known this before hand I would have purchased the K6s DCR model. Now I have a gun I can't put a Laser Grip on. Called Crimson Trace to verify this and they don't even have any plans to make them for this model as of today's call. Bummer!!!

Last edited by AlexTDiGiacomo; 10-16-2019 at 06:34 PM.
AlexTDiGiacomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-20-2019, 04:42 AM   #2

Sorry to hear Alex but I don’t recall ever seeing a gun manufacturer telling you that someone else’s product will fit your gun in there gun description.
Chuck43 and Wingnut like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:55 AM   #3

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
Sorry to hear Alex but I don’t recall ever seeing a gun manufacturer telling you that someone else’s product will fit your gun in there gun description.
https://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-dc-lg-1

It would be helpful if they disclosed that all the K6s frames are indeed not the same.

Last edited by AlexTDiGiacomo; 06-20-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:58 AM   #4

https://www.kimberamerica.com/k6s-cdplg
Old 06-20-2019, 06:59 AM   #5
Super Moderator

I agree with JC45, it would have only taken a minute to check CT's website to see if they made a grip for that particular model.
JC45 and AlexTDiGiacomo like this.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:52 AM   #6

Alex, the gun your showing me isn’t your gun. Those grips are considered a factory grip for that specific model, therefore they are listed in the description. I understand what you’re saying,
I have a Sig P226 Elite Dark that has a completely different sight cut than any other Sig P226 and nobody makes replacement sights for this gun. They never listed that in the description. I’m stuck with the factory sights unless I replace the slide according to Sig. I do understand your disappointment.
AlexTDiGiacomo likes this.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #7

Alex, the gun your showing me isn’t your gun. Those grips are considered a factory grip for that specific model, therefore they are listed in the description. I understand what you’re saying,
I have a Sig P226 Elite Dark that has a completely different sight cut than any other Sig P226 and nobody makes replacement sights for this gun. They never listed that in the description. I’m stuck with the factory sights unless I replace the slide according to Sig. I do understand your disappointment.
Yes you and the other members are correct. It is probably my own fault for not making sure they had the laser grips for the model I purchased. Just talked to Kimber customer service and they did say that all the K6s frames are not the same. I just took it for granted that they were the same such as a S&W. It still is a beautiful gun. Just had my heart sent on putting Laser Grips on it. My bad.

Last edited by AlexTDiGiacomo; 06-20-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:16 AM   #8

Originally Posted by AlexTDiGiacomo View Post
Yes you and the other members are correct. It is probably my own fault for not making sure they had the laser grips for the model I purchased. Just talked to Kimber customer service and they did say that all the K6s frames are not the same. I just took it for granted that they were the same such as a S&W. It still is a beautiful gun. Just had my heart sent on putting Laser Grips on it. My bad.
I wouldn’t doubt a new model K6s with CT will come out in the next year or so that will fit your revolver.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #9

Got the K6S back from Kimber ust a few minutes ago.

They replaced the firing pin, firing pin spring, firing pin bushing and sear. The bolt was adjusted.

They fired 3 cylinders of Buffalo Bore 357 magnum 158 gr fmj (lol the return document said 375).

I have dry fired several times with snap caps and the trigger seems tighter than previously.

I may shoot a few rounds after the sun gets down a little more, but think I am going to an indoor firing range probably Saturday.

I am sure they got it fixed, but wonder about longevity. Still think I am going to be leary of depending on for my life in a bug application.

The gun had 300-under 400 rounds through it (mostly 38 spcl non-+p) when it broke.

Probably will sell it.

Still have not heard anything on a recoil reducing grip like a Pachmayr. And Crimson Trace still has no idea of when the Controlled Core grip will be available.

I wonder if a J fram Pachmayr can ber made to fit???>>
dontcatchmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #10

CT is making the Controlled Core grips for the Kimber 2" and 3" guns that are marketed as controlled core models.

They are supposed to be making the grips some time in the summer to sell individual and separate from the gun. Supposed to have some recoil reducing. The will be no laser in the grips.
dontcatchmany is offline   Reply With Quote