• 1 Post By Veronic23
  • 1 Post By dontcatchmany
  • 2 Post By tanttx
  • 1 Post By tanttx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #1

K6s DASA grips?

Groo here
Anyone found an aftermarket grip for the DASA ????????????????
Groo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #2

Yes please.
Mr.Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:48 AM   #3

Yes no kidding, I have a 2" DASA after about 18 rounds I got raw spot. From what I understand the frame on the DASA is different than the 2" DAO.

I want a combat grip.
motormac likes this.
Bear1889 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2019, 01:00 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Bear1889 View Post
Yes no kidding, I have a 2" DASA after about 18 rounds I got raw spot. From what I understand the frame on the DASA is different than the 2" DAO.

I want a combat grip.
+1
motormac likes this.
Veronic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #5

After I got my 2" K6S back from Kimber for a broken firing pin (after approx. 350 rounds), I was determined to break it and throw it in the trash. But to do that I got Pachmayr Diamond Pro J frame grip and put it on. Had to monkey around with the grip and put a stiff cushioning under to grips backstrap to get it to not wobble.

That worked quite well except that the J frame grip did not go up to quite the top of the gun's back strap. Just could not get as high a grip on the revolver as I was accustomed.

I have shot approximately 1300 rounds (plus the first 350) with the J frame grip and it works great. I can now shoot full load 357 Magnum and not a problem. The grip has turned the gun from a totally inaccurate shooter (in my hands) into a very good and accurate handgun.

From a piece of junk that I was ready to beat with a sledge hammer and throw in the trash, it has turned into an occasional BUG in a carry rotation.

Still, Kimber dropped the ball miserably in not working to have good grips for the revolver before putting out in the market.

I do not know how the J frame grip will work on a DA/SA or 3" Kimber revolver.
motormac likes this.
dontcatchmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #6

And another broken firing pin?
Mark NM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #7

Grips for K6s 2" DASA-Partial Solution

Hello Folks,

I purchased the Kimber K6s DASA 2" a short time ago. Like many others out there I love the firearm, but would perfer a slightly longer grip. Did a fair amount of searching the web for anyone making an aftermarket (since Kimber is not currently making anything to to satisfy those customers who perfer longer grips). Emailed many customer grip makers only to be told they only work with S&W or Ruger...or are not yet ready to gear up and make one for the Kimber.

I tried a couple for the K6s (no hammer) and just seem like too much work to try and fit them myself.

My Solution: Try the Longer grips that come with the K6S DASA 3".

Talked with Kimber on their Facebook page. They do offer the 3" grips but have not added them to their web site yet. Was told to email my request to customer support.

Kimber customer support was spot on! Coordinated with me to take my order and within a couple days my new 3" grips were shipped.

Here are some photos comparing the grips together and one showing how I usually hold the firearm (my lonely pinky is now back where I like it).

I still have to test the use of the grip at the range but really think it will work for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grip Collage.jpg (187.0 KB, 13 views)
CDR_Glock and motormac like this.
tanttx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:01 AM   #8

Originally Posted by tanttx View Post
Hello Folks,

I purchased the Kimber K6s DASA 2" a short time ago. Like many others out there I love the firearm, but would perfer a slightly longer grip. Did a fair amount of searching the web for anyone making an aftermarket (since Kimber is not currently making anything to to satisfy those customers who perfer longer grips). Emailed many customer grip makers only to be told they only work with S&W or Ruger...or are not yet ready to gear up and make one for the Kimber.

I tried a couple for the K6s (no hammer) and just seem like too much work to try and fit them myself.

My Solution: Try the Longer grips that come with the K6S DASA 3".

Talked with Kimber on their Facebook page. They do offer the 3" grips but have not added them to their web site yet. Was told to email my request to customer support.

Kimber customer support was spot on! Coordinated with me to take my order and within a couple days my new 3" grips were shipped.

Here are some photos comparing the grips together and one showing how I usually hold the firearm (my lonely pinky is now back where I like it).

I still have to test the use of the grip at the range but really think it will work for me.
How much did they cost?
Mr.Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:53 AM   #9

Grips for K6s 2" DASA-Partial Solution

I believe with shipping I paid around $65.
motormac likes this.
tanttx is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

k6s dasa 3 review

Click on a term to search for related topics.