Lighten trigger - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #1

Lighten trigger

I cant help tinkering, wanted to lighten the trigger pull weight on my k6s so, any one here change out the rebound or hammer spring....what were your results.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
pitbull23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #2

I wouldn't do it, there are better ways to train.

For example, I have a 3-inch Kimber, a UC2, for CCW carrying although I seldom train with it.

I use a SIG P238 for simulated combat training, because a I carry smaller automatics for concealed carry.

For trigger control practice (which I surmise you desire) I use a Ruger SR22. This pistol is more to the fuller size automatic, but the scant recoil allows me to cure my horrible practice of "jerking the trigger."

Sad to say, unless the guy who works on your trigger is a trained and licensed professional you might wind up with butchered parts and a let-up at 2 very crunch pounds.

I leave my triggers in factory condition. Over time they smooth up from necessary practice.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #3

pitbull: If you intend to carry that Kimber for defensive purposes, I'd strongly recommend leaving the trigger alone, if for no other reason that the "legal" ramifications if you ever used it for the intended purpose, and the prosecutor discovered you put a "hair trigger" in the weapon.

Seen it myself, not a good outcome. Just sayin'......
AlexTDiGiacomo likes this.
Rick in Oregon is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #4

Was just trying to lighten the weight by 1-2 pounds to bring it in the range of my smith and Wesson performance series revolvers.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
pitbull: If you intend to carry that Kimber for defensive purposes, I'd strongly recommend leaving the trigger alone, if for no other reason that the "legal" ramifications if you ever used it for the intended purpose, and the prosecutor discovered you put a "hair trigger" in the weapon.

Seen it myself, not a good outcome. Just sayin'......
defending yourself is defending yourself...what you use has nothing to do with it...do drunk driver get extra time for driving a ferrari...
Doons likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:08 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
defending yourself is defending yourself...what you use has nothing to do with it...do drunk driver get extra time for driving a ferrari...
Sorry, you're missing the entire point.

IF you mess with a handguns trigger, and have a life-saving shooting as a result, any determined prosecutor WILL try to fry you IF he/she finds out the trigger on said weapon was modified to a lighter pull than what the factory sent it out with.

As I've previously said, I've seen it myself in court during my LE career. Best to leave any CC weapon with a factory trigger alone, period. (If you want to stay out of prison; entirely optional. )
340pd likes this.
Rick in Oregon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Shootinit View Post
defending yourself is defending yourself...what you use has nothing to do with it...
Tell that to a zealous prosecutor.

Some people think that a righteous shoot is a righteous shoot. What they fail to understand is that it's not a righteous shoot until the jury says so. And that can be a troubled and legally expensive road to travel with a modified gun.

RickInOregon is correct, and so is Mas Ayoob who has been an expert witness in a lot of self defense shootings. Here's what he has to say on the subject.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...-hair-trigger/\\

And here is an article (interview) with an attorney in Legal Defense Network on the use of modified guns in self defense situations. Might be of interest to the OP because it includes a case about a revolver.

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/an-...-modifications
Rick in Oregon likes this.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 11-04-2019 at 12:14 PM.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:59 AM   #8

'Phil, I hate to say this, but I've been carrying a box-stock revolver to the mall when my wife and I go out for coffee. And part of this relates directly to the articles I've read over the years from Massad Ayoob.

Clearly, in even a righteous shooting--on camera--the police are going to take your handgun and they might even take it apart in this day and age. In that regard, I do not want them to see any personal tool marks on the mechanism short of only those done by the factory.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #9

I have four S&W Performance Center revolvers and none of them even come close to my stock K6s DA for pull weight or smoothness.
340pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:10 AM   #10

I guess I will leave it alone, you guys definently convinced me to move on. By the way love the k6s and the way the trigger stages so easily , it turns my dao into a virtual sao too.