The 4" Target K6S is here... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2020, 02:35 PM   #1

The 4" Target K6S is here...

Seeing them for sale as of today. I just received my notice from Bud's that they have them.
Just ordered mine for $825...
Ceapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-18-2020, 05:15 PM   #2

I've been seeing them on GB for 8 and change too. This is a Must Have for me, I really like the DASAs, and the 4" can make good use of the 357 with slower Powders
Ceapea likes this.
Nipperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:33 PM   #3

I’ve seen a few sites that were out of stock at the time (probably their page they put together before the guns were available) showing a price of $989 and a bit less in some cases. But still in the $950 + range. I was glad to get it for $825!

Old 03-19-2020, 07:48 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Nipperdog View Post
I've been seeing them on GB for 8 and change too. This is a Must Have for me, I really like the DASAs, and the 4" can make good use of the 357 with slower Powders
I really like my 3 DAO K6S. And I had a chance to hold, and try the trigger on a 4 Combat model two weekends ago. Really nice! But since I use different handloads, I wanted the adjustable sight model. I cant wait...
motormac likes this.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #5

Buds now has the 4 Target K6S at $780!!
When you buy from them, you get a 30 day price guaranty. It now is $45 less than I paid two days ago. I just filled out my claim for the price adjustment.
$780 is a great price!
It works, I had to use it one time before.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:23 PM   #6

After a huge delay, I just received my tracking number on my new 4” Target model. It will be here in two days. I am near the epicenter of the Covid outbreak in my area. I am a bit concerned going to meet my ffl, as he does a lot of face to face business with a lot of people. I will take all precautions, not to bring it back to my family. I will wear a mask and gloves, my own pen, etc. Then I will scrub everything down before bringing anything into the house.
Then, I will take some pics, before and after I install the new Hogue grips.
46QJI likes this.
Old 04-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #7

Got my 4” Target model today. A bit disappointed that there were some ever so small scratches on the barrel near the frame. But, a q-tip and some flitz, a little time...4-5 minutes and all is well.
I have read that the double action pull on some of the DASA guns, isn’t as nice as that on the DAO model. Mine is!
Single action, while crisp, is a bit heavy. Haven’t measured it yet, but I’m guessing it is around 4.5 to 5.0 lbs. It may be a bit less, I will measure it and report back. Not great, but not too bad. I usually shoot DA 90% of the time. And, I suspect like all revolvers, both pulls will improve with use.
Overall, I love it.
Edit:
I just measured both pulls. DA is 10# 9 oz. And it is extremely smooth! Great, really. The SA pull (both DA and SA checked with two 5 pull averages) came in right at 4# 0.2 oz.

Last edited by Ceapea; 04-02-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:38 AM   #8

Congrats. Glad you like it. Im curious to know what kind of 25 yard accuracy we could expect with a good load. How do you like the sight picture?
Enjoy,
Dave
Super Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:26 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
Congrats. Glad you like it. Im curious to know what kind of 25 yard accuracy we could expect with a good load. How do you like the sight picture?
Enjoy,
Dave
Love the sight picture. Fiber optic front sights are my future, as I get older. I shoot my 3 DAO K6S at 15 to 20 yd pretty regularly. It keeps them inside 4 most times. I hope to get the new one out tomorrow. Ill try it at 25 and see what happens.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:49 PM   #10

Cool. Hope you had fun. A new gun is always exciting.
Super Dave is offline   Reply With Quote