Advice and Opinions Needed - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2020, 05:38 PM   #1

Advice and Opinions Needed

I plan on getting an Ultra II and a K6. My LGS says he can't get Kimbers from MGE at the present moment.

I was thinking about the DAO K6. My LGS just got this K6 in today. I don't know what to do? This one shows a rounded wooden grip and the 2020 model shows a square bottomed grip in the 2 inch barrel model.

Is the action (DAO vs DASA) the only thing that really separates the K6 DAO vs the K6 DASA?

IS this K6 used? It looks used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3218.JPG (650.5 KB, 18 views)
2sharp2 likes this.

Last edited by Gebo; 04-03-2020 at 07:43 AM.
Gebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-02-2020, 09:02 PM   #2

2sharp2,

Do you think this is used?

I got this pic while I was in the woods and haven't spoken with the LGS. I was hoping to get some advice before speaking with him tomorrow.

I'm concerned if I don't get this one, there may be a long wait. Like a loooong wait.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:50 PM   #3

Look at the substantial drag line on the cylinder. It's used.
Chuck43, 2sharp2 and motormac like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 02:46 AM   #4

Yep, that’s what I am thinking. I just learned “all” guns are test fired before being sold so I didn’t know if that line would be there on the cylinder.

Would you say “heavily” used or is that an impossible question to answer?

Protect our 2nd Amendment!

Last edited by Gebo; 04-03-2020 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #5

I just called Kimber and it was made 02/04/20. So that settles the fact it is a new model.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:17 AM   #6

The absence of cylinder turn line means it's new, but a cylinder turn line doesn't necessarily mean it's been previously sold/shot. Lots of people like dry firing guns in gun stores to feel the trigger. Cylinder finish looks brushed. I notice marks on brushed steel more than well polished.
2sharp2 and Shootinit like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:10 AM   #7

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
The absence of cylinder turn line means it's new, but a cylinder turn line doesn't necessarily mean it's been previously sold/shot. Lots of people like dry firing guns in gun stores to feel the trigger. Cylinder finish looks brushed. I notice marks on brushed steel more than well polished.
This is why I asked the question about the 2" vs the 3". This 2" is the only one he can get his hands on at present. And I am really wanting one of these K6's. My emotions may be driving my decision making. Who knows if and when he can get a 3".
Old 04-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Gebo View Post
Who knows if and when he can get a 3".
This is a purchase that could very well last you the rest of your life. So choose what you feel is best, not what's quickly available.

Personally I'd wait for the 3" to be available, maybe on Gunbroker. The wait, no matter how long should be very well worth it in the end.
2sharp2, motormac and Gebo like this.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Gebo View Post
I plan on getting an Ultra II and a K6. My LGS says he can't get Kimbers from MGE at the present moment.

I was thinking about the DAO K6. My LGS just got this K6 in today. I don't know what to do? This one shows a rounded wooden grip and the 2020 model shows a square bottomed grip in the 2 inch barrel model.

Is the action (DAO vs DASA) the only thing that really separates the K6 DAO vs the K6 DASA?

IS this K6 used? It looks used.
LGS can't get what you want? I say get it from GunBroker or other online source, get out of the dark ages.

Your thinking about a DAO K6? Which model? There are currently 16 different K6 models in production, only 4 of those are DASA models.
In your pic is a DASA K6 w/2" barrel Product Code #3400021 MSRP $970.00. You should verify from box what it is. Grips shown are correct.

Is the action the only thing that separates K6 DAO vs the K6 DASA?

NO. There are only 4 DASA models with 2", 3", 4" barrels and Combat and Target sights, different exterior finishes.
There are 12 DAO (double action only) models with different barrel lengths, sights, grips, of course finishes.

IS the pictured K6 "used?" Impossible for any of us to say with 100% certainty from that one photo. Inspect forcing cone, top strap, bore. I doubt a cylinder turn line would show from a few factory fired test rounds. At the very least it could be a "Display" gun that every Tom, Dick and Harry has handled and dried fired until his hearts content.

What is there price? Under, over MSRP?

I would decide the "exact" K6 model I wanted and shop online! I just looked there are "120" different K6's up for auction at this moment listed on GunBroker!!

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger

Last edited by 2sharp2; 04-03-2020 at 11:27 AM.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #10

Well, let me add a little more info. I have a $350 credit at the LGS. Of course I could save it for my next Kimber.

Thanks guys!
motormac likes this.