K6 came in and... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2020, 06:27 AM   #1

K6 came in and... Update, pictures included

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! First Kimber I have ever owned and I couldnít be more pleased. This is the first DAO I have ever owned so I was a little concerned of how I would perform with it but Kimber made this an easy trigger for a first timer. I was able to stage it with ease and was able to rapid fire with no hiccups.

I will say the 38ís were a little more pleasant to shoot but the 357ís were manageable and fun. I dang well knew I had a gun in my hand when I put some 158gr in it! I figure if Iím ever in a situation where I have to use this then hopefully 6 shots (preferably 1) will be all thatís needed.

I will post pics when I figure it out. I picked it up used from Buds and it looks brand new. ZERO scratches. Iím a pretty happy guy.

Last edited by LUVMYGUNS; 04-05-2020 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Add pictures
LUVMYGUNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-04-2020, 09:14 AM   #2

Congratulations! I like mine to. They come in quite a few different flavors now days. Which one did you get? Mine is a fairly early release, when they only had one choice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200404_100457_1586013233103.jpg (1.66 MB, 16 views)
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #3

A great revolver carry load for a .38 or .357 is the current FBI load produced by Winchester.......38 Spl 158gr Lead HP +P.

Milder than the flame-throwing magnum loads, and more than plenty for solving any social situation one may encounter. The few times I carry a revolver for CC, this is the load of choice. Accurate, manageable recoil, but when torched off, you'll know it.

Enjoy that new Kimber!
2sharp2 and LUVMYGUNS like this.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2020, 09:42 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
Congratulations! I like mine to. They come in quite a few different flavors now days. Which one did you get? Mine is a fairly early release, when they only had one choice.

Currently 12 DAO versions and 4 DASA models of the K6 in production.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #5

Originally Posted by LUVMYGUNS View Post
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! First Kimber I have ever owned and I couldnít be more pleased. This is the first DAO I have ever owned so I was a little concerned of how I would perform with it but Kimber made this an easy trigger for a first timer. I was able to stage it with ease and was able to rapid fire with no hiccups.

I will say the 38ís were a little more pleasant to shoot but the 357ís were manageable and fun. I dang well knew I had a gun in my hand when I put some 158gr in it! I figure if Iím ever in a situation where I have to use this then hopefully 6 shots (preferably 1) will be all thatís needed.

I will post pics when I figure it out. I picked it up used from Buds and it looks brand new. ZERO scratches. Iím a pretty happy guy.
Great choice. Now try practicing without staging the trigger. A smooth continual trigger pull will serve you well.
340pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #6

Congratulations! I love mine and it's fun to shoot. Lot's of folks at the range ask about it. I just got the Hogue grip and it makes the .357 very manageable with little to no "sting".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K6S with Bantam Grip.jpg (59.4 KB, 11 views)
Warehouse 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:05 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post

Got a used 2” with Crimson Trace grips it has 3 dot sight but not night sights. Not sure if the CT grips are aftermarket because it came with the “standard” black rubber grips in the box. I paid $875 for it and it is spotless for a used gun. I would say that someone didn’t like the kick or needed some quick cash because it appears to have little to zero wear.

I have never owned a gun with CT grips and truthfully, it will be my last. I found myself adjusting my hand grip to fit where it would activate the laser. When the laser was activated, the gun was extremely accurate... and the gun was extremely accurate using just the 3 dots. If I was ever in a situation where this gun had to come out of the holster then I wouldn’t want to be fumbling to find the CT activation button. In my opinion, practicing at 5-7 yards and developing good habits with this model revolver would be more beneficial than the CT.

I don’t regret buying this model with the CT grips because I can pull them off and sell them and get some $$ back.

Hindsight If I did it again I would probably buy the DAO with night sights and either put a Hogue model 41000 which covers the back strap or wait patiently for Kimber to finally make their Control Core grips available. Kimber grip availability is frustrating.

Last edited by LUVMYGUNS; 04-05-2020 at 05:12 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:37 AM   #8

Here are some pictures. My IPad camera photography isnít the best!

Here are some quick IPad photos.
Hoffbrew likes this.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #9

Originally Posted by LUVMYGUNS View Post
picked it up used from Buds and it looks brand new. ZERO scratches. I’m a pretty happy guy.
Interesting statement about Bud's and scratches. Have there been a lot of scratched guns from Bud's?
The reason I ask is that I just received my 2nd K6S from Bud's. A 4" Target model. Mine had a bunch of scratches!! Both sides of the barrel at the frame, near the muzzle and on the trigger guard.
I worked on it for an hour or so with Flitz a rag and a q-tip. Can't tell now that it was scratched. But still, pretty disappointed that they sent me that gun in that condition.

Last edited by Ceapea; 04-05-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Ceapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:16 PM   #10

I know a dealer, who at auction, bought a collector six gun that was perfect, as in, no one had rotated the cylinder by using the hammer, and trigger. When he picked it up after the auction, the cylinder had new marks around the cylinder, indicating that the people at the auction company had played with the piece behind the scenes. The purchaser was very upset, as he commented that he bid on it, only because it had no marks on the cylinder. This revolver was blued, even the cylinder, and the scratch on the cylinder was very noticeable.

Last edited by motormac; 04-05-2020 at 06:46 PM.
motormac is offline   Reply With Quote