• 1 Post By Shrek
  • 1 Post By LUVMYGUNS
  • 1 Post By 2sharp2
  • 1 Post By wfm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2020, 07:52 PM   #1
wfm

Kimber K6 Comfort Control grips

I bought a new Kimber K6s with the crimson trace grips, (no Lasergrips). I wanted a longer grip, so checked Kimber Store, for their control core grips, out of stock. They will notify me when they have them in, $29.99 a set. I have been looking online for the same grip and finally found some on ebay. The price is $42.95, but what surprised me was who the seller was. The Kimber Store, 92 sets sold and 10 sets left. I just thought it was a little shifty to say out of stock at Kimber store for 29.99 while selling them all on ebay for 42.95. It is the same Kimber store, when I clicked on the seller it goes straight to Kimber store. I just found it a little odd, no matter, I bought them anyway.
2sharp2 likes this.
wfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-20-2020, 09:17 AM   #2

That would kind of tick me off. I would contact them and tell him you'll give them the 29.95, and if they don't comply contact the Better Business Bureau. I have had good luck with them the BBB.
Injunbro likes this.
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #3
wfm

I did call Kimber, she said Kimber did not sell on eBay. I ask her to go to Kimber store on ebay and see for herself. She still said it wasn’t Kimber, but was surprised at their Kimber logo, and were selling everything Kimber sells, and was shipping from Alabama, all genuine Kimber parts. I think her biggest surprise was they had a 99.9% approval rating, better than Kimbers. To her credit, even though Kimber has none of the grips in stock, she said she would be able to sell me a set for the $29.99 in stead of the $43.95 on ebay. Just seems a little odd.

Old 05-20-2020, 12:12 PM   #4

Originally Posted by wfm View Post
I did call Kimber, she said Kimber did not sell on eBay. I ask her to go to Kimber store on ebay and see for herself. She still said it wasnít Kimber, but was surprised at their Kimber logo, and were selling everything Kimber sells, and was shipping from Alabama, all genuine Kimber parts. I think her biggest surprise was they had a 99.9% approval rating, better than Kimbers. To her credit, even though Kimber has none of the grips in stock, she said she would be able to sell me a set for the $29.99 in stead of the $43.95 on ebay. Just seems a little odd.
So you blew it for others who order from them including me
Nipperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
wfm

I blew for nobody, check the site yourself. They are still there, if you are really interested.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:12 PM   #6

Yea, I have had an issue with grips and night sights. Kimber doesnít have either in stock. I am looking to have my sights drilled and tritium inserted... but I digress.

I reached out to Hogue when I gave up on Kimber stocking grips. These might not be as long as you want but you can decide. Here is Hogues PROMPT response to my inquiry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B2E2A7E9-A5EA-4181-9969-D0DB7E75E0CC.jpeg (462.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png 31EE92DD-75E5-4BFD-B1EF-9AD0B19363BB.png (1.27 MB, 7 views)
wfm likes this.

Last edited by LUVMYGUNS; 05-20-2020 at 02:15 PM.
LUVMYGUNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:18 PM   #7

Originally Posted by wfm View Post
I did call Kimber, she said Kimber did not sell on eBay. I ask her to go to Kimber store on ebay and see for herself. She still said it wasnít Kimber, but was surprised at their Kimber logo, and were selling everything Kimber sells, and was shipping from Alabama, all genuine Kimber parts. I think her biggest surprise was they had a 99.9% approval rating, better than Kimbers. To her credit, even though Kimber has none of the grips in stock, she said she would be able to sell me a set for the $29.99 in stead of the $43.95 on ebay. Just seems a little odd.

How is that possible? How does that work? If Kimber and EBay Kimber is not connected and regular Kimber is "out of stock" but Ebay Kimber has grips "in stock"? Where did she get a set of grips to sell you? Did she chit a pair right there at her desk? HMMMMM????
wfm likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:24 PM   #8

Revolver intrigue....
Shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:56 PM   #9
wfm

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
How is that possible? How does that work? If Kimber and EBay Kimber is not connected and regular Kimber is "out of stock" but Ebay Kimber has grips "in stock"? Where did she get a set of grips to sell you? Did she chit a pair right there at her desk? HMMMMM????
Thatís the same thoughts I had.
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:12 PM   #10

I probably should have called them. When I saw that they were out of stock I I bought the whole gun from a LGS. I bet the customer service rep was amle to move a set from manufacturing stock to accessory parts stock. The grips are great.
Darrin63 is offline   Reply With Quote