Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2sharp2
  • 1 Post By Injunbro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #1

K6s DOA

I hate this to be my first post, but here goes.

Bought a K6s from my local dealer two days ago. Beautiful gun and the first revolver in a while on which I didn't have to change grips. I noted when comparing it to my S&W 986 that the bore line was much lower on the Kimber. It's going to be a shooter, I thought.

Took it out today, set up some targets, and loaded 'er up. Pointed down range, took one shot and the cylinder locked up. With some fiddling and tapping with the heel of my hand I got the cylinder to move again. Opened the cylinder and saw the firing pin protruding. I was able to push it back with my thumbnail, but it was gritty and tight. Loaded up some expended cartridges and tried some dry fire. The pin would protrude and stick the cylinder every 2 or 3 rounds.

Bent pin, broken spring, poor fit? Who knows. Going back to the mother ship soon, I hope.
ButterSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2020, 09:12 PM   #2
wfm

Welcome to the forum from middle Tenn. That is discouraging, especially since I just bought a new K6 a week ago and have not been to the range yet. Was this a new or used K6? In any event, Kimber should set it right, good luck.
wfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:30 PM   #3

ButterSmooth, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Call Kimber and get a RMA for return shipping, get'um to try it again. Not the first time we've heard your exact same story. Disappointing for sure but it can be fixed.
JC45 likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2020, 11:27 PM   #4

Originally Posted by wfm View Post
...Was this a new or used K6? ...
New and the dealer hasn't had it long, so I assume it's a current manufacturing run. The SN starts with RV042xxx if anyone knows how the numbers run.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:10 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your K6s. I’d be disappointed too but Kimber will make the repair.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:46 AM   #6

Thank you for a honest report. Thanks also to those whose replies were positive. Hopefully your K6 will be put in order soon. On another forum I reported how a new Glock failure (another story for another time) & was treated like Judas betraying Jesus!
ButterSmooth likes this.
Injunbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
Thank you for a honest report. Thanks also to those whose replies were positive. Hopefully your K6 will be put in order soon. On another forum I reported how a new Glock failure (another story for another time) & was treated like Judas betraying Jesus!
This is certainly not my first new firearm with issues. Made by humans and all that. In every case (so far) the problems get resolved by the manufacturer. The purpose of the post is not to dis Kimber, but to help others with similar problems not feel like the 'Lone Ranger.'

I really like this revolver and hope the repair process doesn't taint my desire to use it. My other Kimber is a 'Clacky' 1911 that has been flawless since 1996 - one of the best firearm purchases I've ever made.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #8

Hate to see that on the first time out especially on an expensive gun. Same thing happened to me on a Smith a couple of months ago. Had to send it back and it took 6 weeks to get it back. Hopefully they can fix yours quickly.
huskyman is offline   Reply With Quote