K6s accuracy? - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Revolver Forum

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2020, 08:37 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 58
K6s accuracy?

Has anyone done any accuracy testing with the K6s? I really like my DAO models but sometimes think about one of the 4" DASA models.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-15-2020, 01:09 PM   #2
Member
 
Nipperdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: N/O Tampa
Posts: 95
In my opinion a 2" K6S is designed to hit a Human Assailant center mass at less than 21 feet. I don't consider it a Target Revolver, I do consider it a Self Defense Weapon.
Nipperdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
The Tourist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,152
Originally Posted by Nipperdog View Post
I don't consider it a Target Revolver, I do consider it a Self Defense Weapon.
I agree. When my wife and I go for walks, we are usually an hour or more away from home. Ergo, if you're not already carrying things, you might need the very thing you've left at home. We learned that the hard way when we realized we were not carrying water.

I do like automatic knives, and I carry them to places like the mall. BTW, I also try to avoid the mall if need be.

Lately I've been carrying a yellow handled A.G. Russell slip-joint. It can do just about anything I need in an edge. It has a one blade with a Wharncliffe design, and also the usual clip point.

Having said this, I still like the look and feel of the SW 640, mine might be the 642 if memory serves. But if I feel I need that type of a CCW item (now legal in my area) I think about the need to go there, at all.
__________________
...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 07-15-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Albert.Cairns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,976
Mine is very accurate. 10 yards with 38 Wadcutters 2 barrel semi fast shooting. Second pic is switched over to 125 grain Critical Defence 357 mag. The sights are set more for the 357 as it burnt the center out. This is definitely my favorite 357 revolver I own over my Rugers and Smiths.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mop likes this.
Albert.Cairns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
Member
 
Nipperdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: N/O Tampa
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
I agree. When my wife and I go for walks, we are usually an hour or more away from home. Ergo, if you're not already carrying things, you might need the very thing you've left at home. We learned that the hard way when we realized we were not carrying water.

I do like automatic knives, and I carry them to places like the mall. BTW, I also try to avoid the mall if need be.

Lately I've been carrying a yellow handled A.G. Russell slip-joint. It can do just about anything I need in an edge. It has a one blade with a Wharncliffe design, and also the usual clip point.

Having said this, I still like the look and feel of the SW 640, mine might be the 642 if memory serves. But if I feel I need that type of a CCW item (now legal in my area) I think about the need to go there, at all.
Funny that you mentioned the 640. I have been after a Pro Model of that gun for a couple of months. I still intend to carry my K6S, but I collect Snub Revolvers and needed one for my collection. I finally snagged one on GB, and received it last Monday. I reduced the Trigger Pull by replacing the Rebound Spring, and just ordered a new set of VZ G10 Grips. I may even carry it on Occasion. It's presently loaded with snap caps I've been snapping the heck out of it to smooth her up a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 640 PRO B.jpg (937.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Nipperdog; 07-16-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Nipperdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:53 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 39
Just because it's a self defense firearm doesn't mean it can't be fun to shoot. I have a great time knocking pine cones out of trees! It's not sub-moa. But it's a high five'n good time.

I have to enjoy carrying it, as much as I enjoy shooting it.

I carry so I can shoot more. Self defense is just one category or type of shooting for me.
Mr.Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 05:42 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by Nipperdog View Post
In my opinion a 2" K6S is designed to hit a Human Assailant center mass at less than 21 feet. I don't consider it a Target Revolver, I do consider it a Self Defense Weapon.
Yes, but Kimber is offering 4" DASA models now, one of which has adjustable sights.

The two I own are 2" DAOs and I like them. Almost all of my shooting with them is using them as for their intended use.

But I am starting to think about a 4" DASA model. I'm curious what kind of accuracy people have been able to achieve with these things.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #8
Member
 
Nipperdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: N/O Tampa
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
Yes, but Kimber is offering 4" DASA models now, one of which has adjustable sights.

The two I own are 2" DAOs and I like them. Almost all of my shooting with them is using them as for their intended use.

But I am starting to think about a 4" DASA model. I'm curious what kind of accuracy people have been able to achieve with these things.
Well strictly my opinion, I have considered the 4" Kimber Target, and decided against it. #1 I think the sights look goofy. #2, In a 4" 357 Revolver I would prefer a larger Frame similar to a K/L S&W, or a GP 100 size, capable of comfortably firing full power 357 Magnums. All Kimber would have to do is to supersize the K6 DASA Frame/Cyl.
I already own 3 K6 Type Revolvers and will keep it at that until Kimber brings out a realistic 357 Target Revolver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trio K6.JPG (12.3 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by Nipperdog; 07-18-2020 at 08:16 AM. Reason: typo
Nipperdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:02 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 58
We all.have our opinions. I find the 2" fun to shoot. I can get through 50 rounds or so.with 357s. Of course wuth .38s, recoil is not an issue.

The 4" versions should be better in that regard. I doubt it's a shoot 357s all day kind of gun but I'd bet it manageable enough.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:08 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 107
I'm not really a bullseye shooter...more into tactical applications. So take my opinion with that in mind.

But the last time out with my Kimber, after shooting a variety of SD rounds at 5-7 yards, on a lark I walked over to the steel section of the range and was easily pinging plates at 25 yards. I don't think my group would've looked particularly pretty if I had checked, but it seemed plenty accurate from that distance. I used to qualify with my J-frame when I carried it as a BUG, and I will tell you I could never get it to shoot that well at those distances.
[email protected] likes this.
boscobarbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On