Kimber Talk Forums banner

Have a Kimber revolver on order

5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  glokrok 
#1 ·
I'm on a list at my gun store of people wanting a new Kimber revolver, I was told they expect them in, in May, I talked to a friend that handled one at the Vegas Shot Show, and he said it's an awesome little gun, and well made, for being the first time he ever shot it, he was very impressed with how smooth and accurate it was, it handled the 357 cartridge with ease, even though the 357 is a hand full , he said it was very manageable , this gun should make a great carry piece, all edges are rounded and snag free as well as the sight being snag free also, I'm looking forward to the day it comes in, not that I need it, but I just want it, it's a sickness I have...at least I'm honest...

#3 ·
I saw a u tube video on the new revolver, Kimber rep had it out on the range during the shot show. Looked great and it looked like it handled very well. Waiting for one to come in to my LGS for an up close on it. I think it's listed at 899.00

Reactions: TENWOLVES
#5 ·
Well I can't wait to see the pics and read the reports on this one!

#25 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Well guys thanks for the comments, like I said I can't wait, as for price, one of my gun shops told me it would be $850.00, but the place I'm getting it from should be much lower, I'll let you know as soon as I do, Going Solo, you have a valid point, taking care of my gun illness is much more fun than going to the hospital LOL, also, I haven't posted photos here yet, but as soon as I get it I'll give it a shot...

#11 ·
Eventually, you never really know with Kimber. They always have something new to premier at the Shot Show but seem to take forever to get it out to their dealers. It took almost 1 1/2 years from the time the Micro Carry was announced until one finally showed up at a dealer in my area..

#12 ·
Chuck,
You know you are going to get one! I know what's going to happen after that....you will write a "glowing report" & I.....will get one ASAP!! It will be all YOUR fault!Hope you feel guilty....you should.....causing a poor,old retiree,going without food,range time,fishing,more shooting...to purchase another revolver!!
Makes me want to cry .
Jim

#14 ·
Sorry Jim but I doubt if I'll buy one when they eventually hit my LGS in mid 2017. I have enough problems keeping up with my 1911 want list and speaking of old and retired I'll be 73 in 17 days and I retired on 12/31/1999. :D

Reactions: Nellybelle
#16 ·
Not a range report, but at the NRA 2016 Convention this past Sunday, I got to play with one. I have NEVER felt a DA action that light and smooth. If you have ever shot a Kahr pistol, it feels like that. The grip is very comfortable, but short. With a .357 load, it may be a handful. The fit and finish are great. I think they have a winner.

Charlie

#20 · (Edited)
I am not interested in owning one but I am interested in hearing reviews. Especially high round count longevity.

Does kimber even make them or just import them?

I know it's wishful thinking but they should just stick to addressing old known issues with 1911s than venturing into other areas. Should mention Solos, Micros and of course the KPD....

#21 ·
I am not interested in owning one but I am interested in hearing reviews. Especially high round count longevity.

Does kimber even make them or just import them?

I know it's wishful thinking but they should just stick to addressing old known issues with 1911s than venturing into other areas. Should mention Solos, Micros and of course the KPD....
Master one product before moving to the next? Interesting concept.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.