Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 2sharp2
  • 1 Post By 2sharp2
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By Braddock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2017, 04:16 PM   #1

Kimber of Oregon Model 84

Hello, i just posted my first post in the newbie introduction section and thought i better ask in this section of the forum.. I have a Kimber of Oregon model 84 SSV .223 REM, i was wondering about the year of manufacture? as i'm trying to get some kind of price value range on this rifle as i am interested in selling or trading..the s/n is SSV1477.. kinda hard to find any info on the older models. I got this rifle and a Springfield 1911 in a trade for a shotgun and some cash and did the deal on the rifle to help a buddy out who was needing some funds at the time...i probably paid a little more than i should but it was going to a friend for a good cause and i got a nice rifle and scope out of the deal...Thanks for any help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 147.JPG (3.48 MB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 150.JPG (3.46 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 152.JPG (3.43 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 153.JPG (3.45 MB, 24 views)

Last edited by Braddock; 05-11-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
Hello, i just posted my first post in the newbie introduction section and thought i better ask in this section of the forum.. I have a Kimber of Oregon model 84 SSV .223 REM, i was wondering about the year of manufacture? as i'm trying to get some kind of price value range on this rifle as i am interested in selling or trading..the s/n is SSV1477.. kinda hard to find any info on the older models. I got this rifle and a Springfield 1911 in a trade for a shotgun and some cash and did the deal on the rifle to help a buddy out who was needing some funds at the time...i probably paid a little more than i should but it was going to a friend for a good cause and i got a nice rifle and scope out of the deal...there are some pics in my post in the introduction section..Thanks for any help.

Best and probably only chance is to call Kimber and give them the serial number, that's what we have to do with the Kimber pistols. No secret code or catalog that I am aware of.
Braddock likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply...i tried that and they said no records of oregon rifles..at least that's what the guy i talked to said....

Old 05-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
Thanks for the reply...i tried that and they said no records of oregon rifles..at least that's what the guy i talked to said....
Yes, I heard that before about Oregon rifles. Seems they were pretty lax on record keeping back then.
Braddock likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:09 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Welcome again Braddock, what you were told is correct. Unfortunately when Kimber moved from Montana to New York a majority of the records they had were lost.
2sharp2 likes this.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Welcome again Braddock, what you were told is correct. Unfortunately when Kimber moved from Montana to New York a majority of the records they had were lost.
from what i have found..mine is a model 84c and made around 96 or 97??? just looking for some verification...it sure is a nice rifle but i just don't use it...thought i would have better luck selling or trading in the midwest rather than in AZ...take care of some coyotes or prairie dogs....i saw a coyote in my front yard this morning but i'm i the city limits..can't piss off the neighbors...
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:29 PM   #7

It is a Model 84c. The rifle seems like you state built in 96 or 97. The .223 may not be popular in some areas, but it is the leading sales cartridge in the USA and some want it in a hunting rifle which this is. I myself would take a very close look at this rifle! I would guess a sale price around $1800 is possible or somewhat more if the scope is a keeper. The Stock is somewhat better than the current models I see. Despite Kimber “Moving to NYS” they are still building current Kimber Rifles in Montana I believe, although with their plant building in Yonkers, Alabama that is only a guess their current build location may change but it sure is not Yonkers, NYS. The Alabama Plant will be about $36Million and be about 366 permanent jobs?

Last edited by The Hunting Rifle; 04-29-2018 at 08:41 PM.
The Hunting Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #8

You do not have a Kimber of Oregon rifle, you have a Kimber of AMERICA rifle built in Clackamas Oregon. Kimber of Oregon went bankrupt in 1991, and the rights and manufacturing were bought out by a fellow in the timber business in Oregon. He teamed up with Greg Warne, previous Manager of Kimber of Oregon, and created a new company, Kimber of America. That company sold after 2 years of operation. Your gun was made between 1992 and 1994. The next succession was Kimber Manufacturing who bought all the parts and pieces left and moved the entire operation to Yonkers N.Y. to start making 1911's. Kimber Manufacturing did not continue making rifles until years later. The Kimber of America guns were not made in the same plant in Clackamas as the old Kimber of Oregon guns, nor by the same employees. However, this is still a high quality firearm and likely better than anything you will buy from Kimber today. In all the years I have been collecting Kimber of Oregons, I never saw an original Kimber of Oregon with a stainless barrel. That was an exclusive of Kimber of America. The "SSV" would stand for Stainless Steel Varminter, hence the heavy fluted barrel.
slavedave is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

kimber 82 super america

kimber m84 superamerica .223 no serial number

kimber super america rifles

Click on a term to search for related topics.