Kimber Talk Forums banner

Who Owns A SVT .22LR

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  2sharp2 
#1 ·
Kimber rifle SVT (Short Varmint Target) .22lr looking for any information. How much did they sell for? What was MSRP?
Stainless barrel, laminate stock. I have heard they are crazy accurate.

Sorry I couldn't find a better pic.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I am new to the forum, but I do have a SVT in 22lr. I can tell you that mine shoots excellant and is a very nice rifle. I do not know what they originally sold for - but they are like most Kimber rimfires now - hard to find & going up in price. I will likely never part with mine - it is that good. I would like to find a nice 17 Mach II version . There is one listed on Cabela's site - but too rich for me at roughly $1,199.

#4 · (Edited)
TH82457, welcome to the site from Tennessee. Thanks for the response. I had forgot about this post. I don't know how many of these rifles Kimber sold but I have seen very few up for resale, when you do find them they are not cheap. Like a lot of other Kimber basic information my research has not found a lot of info about these rifles. My chart shows a MSRP of $885 bucks for the SVT, I don't know which year this relates to but something to go by, HA, I would buy a truck load at that price if I could find any. All I've seen are priced way north of that amount.

Found the chart below in an old Shooter's Bible I had.

Attachments

Reactions: BCD 45
#3 · (Edited)
I had one years ago and I believe I bought it for $949 nib if I remember correctly. It was accurate but ammo picky like a lot of 22's. It was close but not as accurate in order as my: Anschutz, Volquartsen, and my Cooper. Some days it would shoot neck to neck with the Cooper at 50 yards. The Anschutz will shoot about all ammo very good and some ammo stunningly. I'll have to admit, part of the Anschutz's accuracy is do to the 6 ounce match trigger that is in it.

The SVT is a nice firearm but I would not recommend the Kimber K22 made at Kimber America. I had one of these also and it wouldn't shoot as good as a Remington 504 that I had at the time. I love rimfires and wish I had the SVT back.

Jim D

#5 ·
Well from the price I found in Shooters Bible $949 sounds highly likely the price you paid. I would love to find one for that price. I have passed up buying several of the .22's with regular black barrels, I really want an 82 with the Stainless barrel. I'm not looking for nor wanting or expecting it to be a "National Match" caliber rifle, with .22lr being ammo picky makes no difference 22 ammo is affordable and easy to find what works best.

Reactions: BCD 45 and Jflytle
#7 ·
Csg, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Nope, I've had a SVT for awhile now, threaded, suppressed, scoped ready.

You have one for sale?

Attachments

#10 ·
No I don't know of a buyer at the moment. Usually brand new members don't always do well trying to sell something right away after joining.

I suggest post it up for sale on KT classifieds. Include the State you live in, price, pictures, condition, any modifications and as much information as you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.