Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Rifles Forum

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By K22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #1
K22

Kimber Rimfire

I was never smart enough to buy a Kimber rifle in 22lr. when they were still being made. Probably because the price was to cheap...... But I have sure wanted one since and this Spring I finally bought one.
I've been wanting a Kimber Classic in 22lr and a Hunter Silhouette in the same caliber. This HS model came available with a Kimber Varmint rimfire stock so I jumped on it. What a well made rifle and accurate also.
After shooting it and making sure it functioned without any hitches I took it back out of the Varmint stock and bedded it, only because I can. I then dropped the trigger weight down to my Squirrel hunting weight which is 16 oz. It came with the Kimber factory bases so I used a pair of windage and dovetail Leupold low rings and installed a Leupold Custom Shop 6X36 that they installed fine duplex crosshairs and set the parallax to 40yds.
So far it performs real well with RWS Subsonics, Norma Subsonics (these are made by RWS), SK jag Standard Plus, PMC Moderators, and Fiocchi subsonics. The Norma Tac 22's a Rem. 504 loves didn't do as well as the ones listed. It keeps the rounds it likes under a dime at 50yds. ...............easily I might add.
I am very happy with this one, but now to find a Classic in 22lr.

The HS in the Varmint stock....................

K22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-15-2018, 09:14 AM   #2

Lucky you, K22!

Those Kimber rimfires are truly sweet little rifles. I sure lament letting my Clackamas Classic go down the road in 22 K-Hornet in a weak moment to fund another project. If I find another, that mistake will not be repeated!

Good luck on the Classic quest. I can 'feel' your smile from here.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #3

Nice rifle K22, I bid on a Model 82 Classic with a stainless barrel last week on GunBroker but my max of $1,300 was out bid.
I'm still looking, there are some nice ones available but are priced higher than I am willing to pay.

Gold Combat LE
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
CDP Ultra
Raptor Ultra Stainless
RCP Ultra
SIS Custom
SIS Pro
SIS Ultra
TLE Pro (TFS)
Stainless Raptor
Custom Two Tone .45/460 Rowland
Super Carry Ultra Plus
84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
2sharp2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #4
K22

Thanks Rick and 2sharp2. Yes, I am smiling. I was planning on another bench day, but these rains from the hurricane have set in.............darn it.
I've got lots more ammo to try and also wanted to compare accuracy to one of my Sako's. The Kimber appears to be shooting groups as small as the Sako does, but.......
Old 02-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #5

I own 2 of the Yonkers-made rimfire rifles; 1 is a K22 Super America and the other is a Hunter grade in .17M2. The K17 really is a tack driver and the K22 does "OK" if I put Fed 22 AutoMatch in it. The K22 does not always eject--it extracts always, but does not always eject. When it does not eject, it drops the empty on top of the magazine. It this a common problem with the K22 and is there a fix?
Old 02-11-2019, 06:08 AM   #6
K22

Originally Posted by Jim in NV View Post
I own 2 of the Yonkers-made rimfire rifles; 1 is a K22 Super America and the other is a Hunter grade in .17M2. The K17 really is a tack driver and the K22 does "OK" if I put Fed 22 AutoMatch in it. The K22 does not always eject--it extracts always, but does not always eject. When it does not eject, it drops the empty on top of the magazine. It this a common problem with the K22 and is there a fix?
I'm sure there is a fix but I am not sure. Have you tried a different extractor? Numrich's has them.
On Rimfire Central website forum there was a fella making the ejectors for the K22. You may want to ask in the Kimber forum on RFC.