Kimber Adirondack chamber issue - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Rifles Forum

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #11

I was led to believe that Kimber uses a tapered chamber (match chamber) that is , and as far as putting it on the lands that wont happen. you will most likely run out of magazine length , or case capacity length first. Tried a lot of powders and combinations with this gun. IMR 4064 seemed to work the best for me. either 168 Berger classic hunter. or my go to 150 Sierra game king . But that was with the old barrel . I did break in the old barrel,as I will the new one. I do realize Im starting from scratch again. And I did call back to Kimber and told them I had missed 2 hunting seasons with this gun, It has been back twice . First time for an accuracy issue. I explained the barrel chamber was probably cracked then ,but never checked. . I dealt with an Allan Stipe , This man called me back spoke to the gunsmith doing the work , and had the stock replaced. Hows that for customer service. I got off the phone with him and wrote a letter to corporate telling them of his service. Can't say enough !
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Jflytle and 2 others like this.
badge171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-22-2018, 05:58 AM   #12
K22

Originally Posted by mjcmichigan View Post
So new barrel. Make sure you check for chamber fit on any neck sized reloads. Check that you are not loading against the lands with the new barrel.

This would be miserable for me. I normally have at any given time, atleast 100 180ís , 100 150ís loaded for hunting, and then more for target.

Weatherby leaves a lot of free bore to reduce the risk of over pressure conditions.

Watch for heavy bolt lift, flattened headstamps as a sign you need more jump or less powder...

Glad the took care of it!

Happy Shooting.

If you havenít tried RL26, do. Itís shooting excellently in many cartridges for me, 243win, 3006, 300wsm, 300WM, have friends getting great results in 7mm and 338 cal as well.

Most are getting an extra 100-200fps
And SubMOA accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RL 26 is super in my 243. I use it behind 95 and 100 gr. bullets. I also use it in a 7 08 with 140gr.bullets.
Accuracy and velocity is where I've seen some extreme difference in comparison to any of the conventional powders for those calibers.
K22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:59 AM   #13
K22

Originally Posted by badge171 View Post
I was led to believe that Kimber uses a tapered chamber (match chamber) that is , and as far as putting it on the lands that wont happen. you will most likely run out of magazine length , or case capacity length first. Tried a lot of powders and combinations with this gun. IMR 4064 seemed to work the best for me. either 168 Berger classic hunter. or my go to 150 Sierra game king . But that was with the old barrel . I did break in the old barrel,as I will the new one. I do realize Im starting from scratch again. And I did call back to Kimber and told them I had missed 2 hunting seasons with this gun, It has been back twice . First time for an accuracy issue. I explained the barrel chamber was probably cracked then ,but never checked. . I dealt with an Allan Stipe , This man called me back spoke to the gunsmith doing the work , and had the stock replaced. Hows that for customer service. I got off the phone with him and wrote a letter to corporate telling them of his service. Can't say enough !
My experience has been that I can't say enough good things about Kimber.
I'm very happy for you badge171. I love Kimbers.
badge171 likes this.
K22 is offline   Reply With Quote