Kimber Varmint in 204 - Page 2 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Kimber Model Specific > Kimber Rifles Forum

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2019, 03:17 PM   #11

I've had good luck with X-Terminator powder also. Not only for the 204 but other calibers also and it drops and measures easy. Ramshot X-Terminator powder and Accurate 2230 is the same powder.

Jim D

Last edited by BCD 45; 04-19-2019 at 03:22 PM.
BCD 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-21-2019, 05:43 PM   #12
K22

Today was the first day I was able to shoot the 204. I am going to like this one for sure. I was only shooting at 50yds today in order to zero the scope, but it was stacking them on top of each other. No handloads today since I don't have any ready for this rifle, but the Hornady 32 gr VMax shot quite good.
Time to clean it again and get ready for my 100yd range.
Cybercycle likes this.
K22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #13

Thanks for the Reloading info. Rick! I will have to try some benchmark. FYI I had some great luck with Barnes 26 gr. Varmint Grenades and 26.5 gr. of H322, CCI 400, Hornady cases. 3950 FPS out of my Kimber.
Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #14

Thanks for the tip
Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:34 PM   #15
K22

An update on the new Varmint 204. It is more accurate than I anticipated. Loves the loads I use for a Kimber Montana in 204. That makes it easy. LOL

But, it doesn't feed worth a hoot. I was going to fix the issue than thought, why should I, so I sent it back to Kimber today.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:32 PM   #16

Sorry you had to send your 204 into the Mothership. I haven't got to shoot mine yet for several reasons, one is it's been raining a lot.
I just bought a little ammo the other day, can't wait to give it a try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 204 Ruger (4).jpg (4.76 MB, 4 views)
Rick in Oregon likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #17

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Sorry you had to send your 204 into the Mothership. I haven't got to shoot mine yet for several reasons, one is it's been raining a lot.
Arland, you may want to try some Fioccci (sp?) ammo for your new Kimber 204Varmint, as I've heard from others that this particular brand of factory fodder is quite good in this caliber.

"Wicked Wanda" as she's known here cooling her barrel after a hot string of rounds sent downrange after "Skippy" and his pals. The only Kimber rifle I own other than my M82 K-Hornet.

"Wanda" has sent a few thousand rats skyward since she came home from Montana with me, all with carefully crafted handloads, which shoot into .3 MOA or less on a good day.

And on any day in the field, our flags fly proudly over the shooting scene:

Boy, do I ever LOVE living here in the USA! (And a sweet shooting Kimber 204 makes it just a bit better!)
Gltomp likes this.
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:39 AM   #18
K22

Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
Arland, you may want to try some Fioccci (sp?) ammo for your new Kimber 204Varmint, as I've heard from others that this particular brand of factory fodder is quite good in this caliber.

"Wicked Wanda" as she's known here cooling her barrel after a hot string of rounds sent downrange after "Skippy" and his pals. The only Kimber rifle I own other than my M82 K-Hornet.

"Wanda" has sent a few thousand rats skyward since she came home from Montana with me, all with carefully crafted handloads, which shoot into .3 MOA or less on a good day.

And on any day in the field, our flags fly proudly over the shooting scene:

Boy, do I ever LOVE living here in the USA! (And a sweet shooting Kimber 204 makes it just a bit better!)
AMEN!!!! to that Rick.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:41 AM   #19
K22

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Have you tried running rounds through the magazine to see how they feed? Just curious.

Nice looking Varmint.

Since the rain has stopped have had a chance to try it out?
Old 12-08-2019, 04:42 PM   #20
K22

And now for a sad tale of the Kimber Varmint 204.
I noticed that the magazine box was darn tight in the rifle so my normal procedure is to take metal off the bottom side of the mag. box. But, since I was considering sending it back to the factory I went with the shims we use at times on customers rifles.......[side note: as some may know, I work here https://www.aigunstocks.com/....oh, and we build complete rifles also]. Back to the story. The shims worked letting the mag. box move freely and I didn't permanently install the shims.
So, off to the factory the rifle went. In a few days or so I received an email from Kimber. Your stock has been altered and will require a new stock at $400.00 and the trigger has been alter and will require being replaced at $150. Please call us to arrange to have this done.
WHAT THE #$%&!!!!!!! I called them and told them there was no stock alteration other than REMOVEABLE SHIMS that probably fell out when the removed the bottom metal. And the trigger was professionally adjusted per the requirement in the owners manual. After dickering around with them they would remove our shims and replace them with theirs but I would have to pay them $75.00 to adjust the trigger back to factory setting. Are you kidding me??? As it ended up, in order to get my rifle back I had to pay them the $75.00. Now mind you, this rifle has had about 25 rounds fired through it.
The rifle eventually made it back.......hurray............oh but wait, no factory shims installed and the mag. box is tighter than you know what. Better check the feeding. Oh how wonderful, it does not feed.
Another email to them with oh, I can't imagine they didn't put in our shims, it was on the order and are you using the same ammo as we are? It fired just fine for us. Send it back if you need to. ..................No thank you, I will fix it myself.